Hello, I recently downloaded a software on my pc called Creevity and added pictures to albums on the songs in my mobile. the songs were on a memory card and I removed the memory card from my mobile before I added the pictures, but when I added the memory card back to my lumia 520 after I had added the pictures to my songs, there were some dummy files of the song created at start each song had only one more dummy file but after sometime the numbers changed, some had none some had more dummy files. I changed the memory card thinking my memory card had a virus and when I added the card the songs didn't have any dummy files but after some time the dummy files were being created again. I tried everything formatted the memory card but the dummy files didn't go. Does my Lumia 520 have a virus?
    05-26-2014 04:19 PM
    It's not a virus without a doubt. (May want to read existing threads regarding virii and why they aren't going to happen on WP anytime soon.)

It's likely just a bug. It could be that the added pictures are tripping up the phone.
    a5cent likes this.
    05-26-2014 04:41 PM
    before i had used the creevity my phone was working properly without these dummy issues
    05-26-2014 05:03 PM
    so any idea what might be happening?
    what should i do?
    05-26-2014 05:03 PM
    Hard reset ur phone...!
    05-26-2014 05:07 PM
    It's not a virus without a doubt. (May want to read existing threads regarding virii and why they aren't going to happen on WP anytime soon.)

It's likely just a bug. It could be that the added pictures are tripping up the phone.
    i just wanna end this problem
    05-26-2014 05:08 PM
    Hard reset ur phone...!
    Thanx for that i will try that after all my other options will fail :)
    05-26-2014 05:08 PM
    Well, I'm not sure how helpful this is, but I use an app on my 920 called MPAtool, and that adds missing album art to my music on my phone, and each time I add an image, the app creates and deletes dummy files, and you have to delete each dummy file one by one and you're given a prompt each time to do so. I can't add anything as to how this all works, but maybe this is just a quirk of WP?
    05-26-2014 05:10 PM
    I changed the memory card thinking my memory card had a virus and when I added the card the songs didn't have any dummy files but after some time the dummy files were being created again. I tried everything formatted the memory card but the dummy files didn't go. Does my Lumia 520 have a virus?
    Don't do hard reset unnecessarily, you will have to install all things again. Were you formatted the SD card via phone itself?
    If not, try formatting the SD in PC. If it still exists, format in Linux.

If it is getting created, it is because the app is creating it again; If you're not using the app, uninstall it.
    nikhilr51 likes this.
    05-27-2014 05:47 AM
    Don't do hard reset unnecessarily, you will have to install all things again. Were you formatted the SD card via phone itself?
    If not, try formatting the SD in PC. If it still exists, format in Linux.

If it is getting created, it is because the app is creating it again; If you're not using the app, uninstall it.
    hey yeah i actually tried everything and it didnt work so i have reset my phone and just found out that facebook and whatsapp have been removed from the windows store but i havent actually just checked whether the songs problem is solved or not
    05-27-2014 10:02 AM
    just found out that facebook and whatsapp have been removed from the windows store
    ​Facebook hasnt been removed.
    05-27-2014 10:37 PM
    ​Facebook hasnt been removed.
    yeah but still my store wasent showing it now it just did it didnt search anything when i searched for facebook.
    05-28-2014 10:01 AM