Bluetooth not pairing since updating to WP8.1 dev. prev.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Since I've updated to the windows phone developer preview 8.1 my bluetooth wont pair. I have a nokia luna bluetooth headset and a jabra bluetooth device. Each device attempt to pair and the nfc on the luna even starts the price but it fails every time. Never had that problem with wp8.0. Anyone had this issue or any advice. Would appreciate it. I have a nokia 920. Thanks.

Allan Eckmann

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Sorry mate :straight: I have a Lumia 920, but I "only" have the Black update since the 8.1 update is not available yet here in DK.
But everything works fine, so I'm really hoping that WHEN I get the 8.1 update, it won't mess up things :)

Allan Eckmann

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Oh, another thing.... Recently my phone froze, and as you know there is no easy way to disconnect the battery as I am used to from previous Nokia phones. However I went and bought a L5 screwdriver (had to buy a whole set) and just screwed off the cover, liftet the tape up and disconnected the battery and assembled it again and everything worked fine.... You might wanna give that a go :angel:

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't have the 8.1 update, using the dev preview for wp8.1. This os the only issue I've come across outside of OneDrive saved folder thumbnail getting stuck.

bijooo

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Try to pair on both phone in one time . It will be ok .and for sending by bluetooth first tap on other device to connect . After it connected try to send

Anglerdk

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I have also have some issues with dp 8.1 and Bluetooth on my L925 (parrot mki9200) where the ad2p seems disconnected , but the phone is connected... Normally I can connect with choosing Bluetooth audio on the parrot.

Perhaps you can clear your headset ?

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you deleted any existing pairings? The last couple of times I've done an update, I've had to delete my existing pair to get things to work properly.

cesar ruiz1

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the Lumia 1520 and since last phone update for 8.1 preview pairing cannot be established and volume rockers stop working I also have no sound on device.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the Lumia 1520 and since last phone update for 8.1 preview pairing cannot be established and volume rockers stop working I also have no sound on device.

I'm thinking its not wp8.1 itself just the fact that we are using a new os essentially without new drivers (updated Nokia software). I haven't had any other issues but this one, but nothing seems to help. For your issue I would try a soft reset and if it doesn't work a hard reset. Should fix the sound and rocker issues. I don't think ill be able to solve the Bluetooth issue until I get Nokia cyan update.

buzzbonner

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm also having the same problem pairing with my hands free car system. Has worked perfectly until the WP8.1 Dev Preview. I'm using a Nokia 1520.

Blackadder_100

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Been having an issue with voice guided navigation instructions when using Here Drive + since 8.1 dev preview update. Would not pair with my Tom Tom hands free until I factory reset the TT. Now the audio has a "buzzing" quality in the background and sometimes Here + freezes while navigating. Streaming music to the TT sounds fine. Hoping 8.1 general release and/or Cyan firmware will resolve it.

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Oh, another thing.... Recently my phone froze, and as you know there is no easy way to disconnect the battery as I am used to from previous Nokia phones. However I went and bought a L5 screwdriver (had to buy a whole set) and just screwed off the cover, liftet the tape up and disconnected the battery and assembled it again and everything worked fine.... You might wanna give that a go :angel:

you don't have to do all that work for a "remove battery" reset. just hold volume down and power until the phone vibrates and nokia logo shows up. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05