Double tap to power off feature in Lumia Cyan?

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
This makes no sense because a single tap performs an action. If the phone now has to wait to perform a touch action because it has to see if a second tap is coming, that's going to slow the UI actions or app launching down. One tap on the lock screen also bounces the lock screen. I just don't see how double-tap to turn off makes sense.

Quite right. I don't need double tap to off. By the way, how hard is it to reach the power button and press it. Or maybe set screen off limit to 30 seconds, it will automatically be off.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't see myself EVER using that feature.
EVER.

I rarely turn off my phone, and when I do, why wouldn't I just hold the power key (look at the name, that's what's the whole intention of it).
Plus there would be accidental shutdowns probably.

isi mcf

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
It works fine on the Lg G2, I don't see why it would be a problem now. If they implement double tap to wake, then they can just remove my power button and save them some money.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It works fine on the Lg G2, I don't see why it would be a problem now. If they implement double tap to wake, then they can just remove my power button and save them some money.

Well not everyone uses that you know cause of battery concerns.. And how are you going to switch off the phone without power button?? Triple tap?

Last edited:

SammUL

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
It'd be great if there was an official tap to lock shortcut, a simple tile that locks the device instead of the power button. There are some third party apps that do that in the store that either not free or require unnecessarily access and I find them to drain battery. We need this basic option to be made by the OS.

Aswin Smart

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Guys!Now just search for power tiles in the store. Then, install the trial version.but,the trial is supported for lock screen. Other functions won't work on 8.1 dev. Preview. Go to the application and long press the lock screen icon. The lock screen tile will be available in the start screen. Then, you can tap it and lock your screen in a single click.😁

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
You missed the point, double-tap your screen right now over any tile. What happens? How do you propose they fix the issue of an app launching on the first tap?
The same way a single click on Winows selects an icon, and a double click launches it.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
There is a double tap to unlock the device, why MS should add the SAME action for a DIFFERENT result..? I don't understand it...
Now the question is: how often do you turn off the device? Ok, let's suppose you will be able to turn off the phone by double tapping. And the answer is... NEVER. Yeah, you heard me right. NEVER. So why they should add it?

Edit 1: Try to think why you need to keep the power button pressed for ~5 sec to turn off the phone (applies for EVERY phone on the planet).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb