Windows Phone 8.1 randomly not starting up and draining the battery.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I posted this in the Lumia 1520 Bugs and factory defects thread but maybe it is better suited here.

I've never had any problems with my 1520 for over 6 months. I'm running the developers build of WP 8.1. There has been a lot of updates over the last couple days and now my phone, while off, is randomly getting hot and draining the battery. When I try to start it back up I get to the lock screen and can slide it up. Then, Windows never starts. It just sit there with a black screen and the dots going across the screen with the word LOADING in the middle of the screen. It will not recover from this. I have to do a complete power down and back up. I've check the Battery Saver app and it shows different apps using the battery but nothing consistent to point to an app as the problem. I'm thinking this problem correlates to the latest Nokia Display update but I'm not totally sure.

Anyone else having this issue. I really would hate to have to Hard Reset but maybe that would fix it.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, try a complete reset. It usually fix any issue related to the OS.

Well, I did a hard reset and reloaded everything. Still a pain but so much better now with WP8.1. Everything was great for a day. I then let the Nokia Settings Apps update and now I'm right back to where I was before. I'm not sure which Settings App update is causing the problem but it is definitely one of them. I will now contact Nokia to see what they have to say about it. I don't wish this trouble on anyone but I would like to see if more people are having the problem with their 1520s or other Nokia devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro