App won't install error 80004005

dinchy87

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I contacted support. They had me go to windowsphone.com and get the app there. It then sent a link to my hotmail account and the link in the email sent me to the app store and it was able to install again just fine

This could be useful. I have also a report that my user managed to install it from windowsphone.com like a normal app. He just logged in, searched for the app and hit install. And all went fine. I hope this is the workaround for now.

W3ST3RN INFID3L

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I get this with 8.1 HD Tiles and 1 other app, started about 3 weeks ago.. the second app about a week ago.

The behaviour starts with App reporting it has an update, but doesn't actually update. Unfortunately I removed the apps then went to install again and 80004005 Store Error.

The suggested workaround doesn't work for me.

Filipe Rodrigues

May 12, 2014
Visit site
had this error message and uninstaled The aplication. After reading some comments i found the direct link for the Windows store. But when I install the app its goes for the trial mode.
Does anyone knows how to get The full version. I dont think its fair, once i had The full previose version, and because a store error now i get The trial one.

Filipe Rodrigues

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi, im the dev of Prognoza and wanted to inform you all that this is an store error which Microsoft needs to fix. Some of the users got an error prior to this an uninstalled the app. My advice is to keep the app installed till Microsoft fixes this. The latest update is just a little speed improvements but not worth that you lose your free (full) license. This bug in the store causes also to remove your installed app from your windowsphone.com app history and if you reinstall it then this can happen, so i advise dont uninstall it.

If the update notification bothers you then abort the download with long tap, abort. But dont uninstall! And if somebody also reinstalls and clicks "try" then they will get the trial mode instead of the full mode. If you reinstall it and you get "try" "buy", click on buy because you had this app installed and its free for you then.

I hope Microsoft fixes this as soon as possible, i have now three days problems with this error, and already dozens bad reviews because their fault.

Please have patients. Thank you

Update 11.08.2014

Microsoft responded to my Support ticket and they say this error will fix itself in two days. if you still can nor update or install / reinstall the app then you can use this link https://gethelp.live.com/en-us/Pages/default.aspx and then "apps + store" > "contact us" to contact Microsoft and they must fix this for each user seperately then. But they say this issue will be fixed and all users that have Prognoza installed before this update can also use it after this update without problems.

had this error message and uninstaled The aplication. After reading some comments i found the direct link for the Windows store. But when I install the app its goes for the trial mode.
Does anyone knows how to get The full version. I dont think its fair, once i had The full previose version, and because a store error now i get The trial one.

shielahswshielah

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
It's not the SD card, same problem here in my 920.. No sd card, eBay wouldn't work kept getting an error, un installed so I could reinstall and it wouldn't, just stuck in download mode with no progress so cancelled, then tried to download 3 Updates same thing... Soft reset did nothing, I figured it was WP app store issue, Lumia 920 on att prepaid here.

SergyOrtiz

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here trying to install Prognoza, eventually I was able to install it through windowsphone.com

I have to seize the opportunity since Prognoza Dev is reading.
A few time ago I pointed that I didn't like the "Prognoza" label on the Live Tile and now it's gone, thanks! (it's a little bit egocentric, I guess many other people had the same feeling) :smile:
Now it would be awesome if the app would be translated to spanish, I can give you a hand with that if you like it, please let me know and keep up with the good work!

dinchy87

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here trying to install Prognoza, eventually I was able to install it through windowsphone.com

I have to seize the opportunity since Prognoza Dev is reading.
A few time ago I pointed that I didn't like the "Prognoza" label on the Live Tile and now it's gone, thanks! (it's a little bit egocentric, I guess many other people had the same feeling) :smile:
Now it would be awesome if the app would be translated to spanish, I can give you a hand with that if you like it, please let me know and keep up with the good work!

Spanish is already in the works beside Portuguese. One of my friends already works on it but if he doe not finish it i can send it out to you. That's no problem. And im really sorry that this store bug is still present for some users. Some of then as you said can reinstall from the website. Beside that if somebody got by accident the trial version here are some vouchers can use to unlock the app as long as it is installed on the phone.

WNM9MSY
3HVWOPK
LVINZXI
1LY2T67
NUFXVNS
H1OZO6V
P88NSF9
ETXQL45
BYG2V0P
WP83B1D

Just enter one of them in the app under informations > state and redeem button. Then you will have the full version as long as it is installed on the phone. I will make an post in the forum with some more vouchers later to compensate this store error Microsoft still has not fixed. And to gain some new users from around the World. I hope you like the app.

I found also some bugs in the last version but nothing that makes the app unusable. :)

Have a nice day

dinchy87

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Hi,

Once you had the app installed you can always install it again for free. This bug that the store has is still present for some users but not so many as it was in the first week. I know its not fair but i cant do anything else then link users that has this store error to the Microsoft support because they have to fix this issue on every users Microsoft account. This error has nothing to do with the app, it just the store that bugs. Therefore i have posted the above link where users can contact Microsoft so they can help. And i also posted some vouchers for users that are on trial to get the full version and this is what i can do but i can not provide vouchers for all users because i can not track who had the app installed and who not. So if i provide vouchers for everybody i can also make the app free :) and in the end if you go to the store and it stays "try" then i can not be responsible for users if they click on try. Try means trial and its a demo version of the app. I can not decide for users what they do and i suggested few times not to uninstall it. Some users did this even if i said not to do so.

Thank you.

Kunalya

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Just one day before, dont know what happen to my lumia 520. In morning saw my lockscreen not working. tried soft reset but wont work,then some how I got start my phone then its screen freezes, so I had no option to get it back. Then tried reset(factory reset) all works fine, but all data in cloud and phone got lost and it's very sad for me. After installing my apps , some of them said need purchasing though I get it for free from FreeAppoftheday But some apps still gives me this error .... (we seem to be experiencing technical difficulties.Please wait a little while then try again. If problem continue, try restarting your phone. This error code may be helpful:80004005)

reply for this solution.:crying:

uncletoma

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I've this problem too after a problem of MyTube app update that had some problems.
I uninstalled it but... now i cannot reinstall it, always this problem.
Ok, i can manage to have not this app, but it's really boring.

dinchy87

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi Filipe,

You can contact me from within the app and i will give you the Microsoft support links where they "can" fix this error. There are two solutions how they can fix it. One is that they give you 1.99$ to pay for the app and i will get this 1.99 but imidietly also give it back to MS, thats like an refund. One of my users have already restored it this way but in some cases the support is stubborn and they say its not their fault and they can not fix it.

The second solution is i give you a voucher to unlock the trial app as long as it is installed on the phone. One small problem with this is that the Voucher validation server which is hosted by the Exgrip company is currently down so no voucher will function in the app till the turn on their servers again. Their servers should already be ON since this month but they arent. :(

I know its not fair, i already got lots of bad reviews because of this stupid Store error where the app itself could not do anything againts.

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi, im the dev of Prognoza and wanted to inform you all that this is an store error which Microsoft needs to fix. Some of the users got an error prior to this an uninstalled the app. My advice is to keep the app installed till Microsoft fixes this. The latest update is just a little speed improvements but not worth that you lose your free (full) license. This bug in the store causes also to remove your installed app from your windowsphone.com app history and if you reinstall it then this can happen, so i advise dont uninstall it.

If the update notification bothers you then abort the download with long tap, abort. But dont uninstall! And if somebody also reinstalls and clicks "try" then they will get the trial mode instead of the full mode. If you reinstall it and you get "try" "buy", click on buy because you had this app installed and its free for you then.

I hope Microsoft fixes this as soon as possible, i have now three days problems with this error, and already dozens bad reviews because their fault.

Please have patients. Thank you

Update 11.08.2014

Microsoft responded to my Support ticket and they say this error will fix itself in two days. if you still can nor update or install / reinstall the app then you can use this link https://gethelp.live.com/en-us/Pages/default.aspx and then "apps + store" > "contact us" to contact Microsoft and they must fix this for each user seperately then. But they say this issue will be fixed and all users that have Prognoza installed before this update can also use it after this update without problems.

Dino I wrote to MS and they say me that now I have to pay for app prognoza even if I almost had it on my phone before.

TB1701

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Cannot install Creative Camera 📷, it started when I could not get the update to install. I searched for a solution on Windows phone sites and they said to uninstall the app then reinstall the app. Now I cannot get the app to download. The error 80004005, and from what I have read there does not seem to be a fix for this error.
Will you guys who are involved with this stuff please fix this for all Windows phone users. Slow response to repair these types of issues is why Windows phone market share is growing so slowly.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Cannot install Creative Camera 📷, it started when I could not get the update to install. I searched for a solution on Windows phone sites and they said to uninstall the app then reinstall the app. Now I cannot get the app to download. The error 80004005, and from what I have read there does not seem to be a fix for this error.
Will you guys who are involved with this stuff please fix this for all Windows phone users. Slow response to repair these types of issues is why Windows phone market share is growing so slowly.

Probably a permissions issue.
But you should maybe contact Microsoft or the app developer.

SurvivalistDev

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi there

I'm a games developer who's game has been hit with the same problem. For the people on this thread who are affected, I was wondering how many actually offered their app (or originally downloaded an app) for a free promotion via MyAppFree or similar?

One of my affected players mentioned this and I made the connection with what a lot of people have been saying about this being a WP marketplace bug with licensing for apps that have switched from free to paid at some point. If so, then I would expect the problem to become much more prevalent as that has always been considered safe and with a new free app every day there could be lots of potential triggers for this bug out there.

If that is true then it might be useful leverage in getting it sorted out faster so we're not stuck redirecting customers to MS support (never comes across as helpful to just say "Sorry, nothing I can do. Try these guys").

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
The problem arises when you have an app that's been free for a while, becomes paid... then is unlisted and relisted in the store. Most apps that become paid don't go through unlisting/relisting so they don't experience this bug. But there are a few like Toilet People, My Conference Calls, now of course Shelter CSG, Prognoza and many more.

I am a very active user of apps ;) so I've run into this a lot. Discussed it with Microsoft support a lot too. It's been going for years. I don't really notice it often as most apps are no keepers for me. But an app like Shelter.... That sticks out, it's probably the only game I play every few months. Maybe it's a sign I should pay anyway...

Users can still buy the app on Windowsphone.com. I've tried that with Shelter and it works.

Perhaps avoiding relisting an app would work. But once the problem pops up, it's there forever.

On a sidenote, please add an option for the old music, it was absolutely AWESOME!

Last edited:

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Error code 80004005 applied for installing "Pocket File Manager" and "Music Import" - even after hard reset, even after reinstalling OS, no hope :(

It is just the same for Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows Phone 10 (waiting already months, no change) ... even the above mentioned hard reset did not fix it (I tried Windows Phone 10, that's why I did hard resets few times) ... even reinstalling Windows Phone 8.1 (after Windows Phone 10) did not fix it ... :(

EDIT: FIX - do not use your back ups (apps and settings), when reinstalling OS, then installing of those apps is just OK ...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss