App won't install error 80004005

Navery

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I had an app installed that I went to update, Hipchatter, and it wouldn't update. Kept throwing an install error, don't remember what it is.

I uninstalled it thinking if I were to uninstall and reinstall it might succeed. When I've tried reinstalling, I keep getting this 80004005 error. I've tried restarting my phone and I still can't get this to work.

Any ideas? I've got it to where my apps install to the SD card and this app was installed on the SD card, if that helps track it down. Also, I've tried setting it to install apps to the phone again and it isn't working still. And I'm running windows phone 8.1 on a Nokia Lumia 1520.

Thanks!

Navery

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I tried that, and now it's doing an SD card scan. I tried installing and I'm still getting the same error message, but I'll try again after the scan finishes.

Navery

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Ok my scan finished and still can't get the app to install. Any ideas? I've goggled the error message and can't find something to help. Anyone have any ideas?

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, only thing I could think of then is that something of the old app might still be on the SD card, look to see if there's a folder for the app and delete it.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The error code suggests a permission error.
Try installing on the phone storage.
But might be an issue for the dev to fix.

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had this on my 520 ever since the Cyan update, trying to install iPodcast. Even did a hard reset and it didn't help. I wonder if it could be something in my account on the Store end? I don't know what to try next, any ideas?

dinchy87

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi, im the dev of Prognoza and wanted to inform you all that this is an store error which Microsoft needs to fix. Some of the users got an error prior to this an uninstalled the app. My advice is to keep the app installed till Microsoft fixes this. The latest update is just a little speed improvements but not worth that you lose your free (full) license. This bug in the store causes also to remove your installed app from your windowsphone.com app history and if you reinstall it then this can happen, so i advise dont uninstall it.

If the update notification bothers you then abort the download with long tap, abort. But dont uninstall! And if somebody also reinstalls and clicks "try" then they will get the trial mode instead of the full mode. If you reinstall it and you get "try" "buy", click on buy because you had this app installed and its free for you then.

I hope Microsoft fixes this as soon as possible, i have now three days problems with this error, and already dozens bad reviews because their fault.

Please have patients. Thank you

Update 11.08.2014

Microsoft responded to my Support ticket and they say this error will fix itself in two days. if you still can nor update or install / reinstall the app then you can use this link https://gethelp.live.com/en-us/Pages/default.aspx and then "apps + store" > "contact us" to contact Microsoft and they must fix this for each user seperately then. But they say this issue will be fixed and all users that have Prognoza installed before this update can also use it after this update without problems.

Last edited:

wp_hero

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info but damn i uninstalled it cause i thought something was wrong with my device and now i can't reinstall it, I'll wait Microsoft to fix it like you said.

Ashfaq Gazi

May 14, 2013
Visit site
still same errors for many apps . i have same error probs with lightbox pro and 8.1hd tiles . nothn happens i still ge this useless error .

RedDawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I contacted support. They had me go to windowsphone.com and get the app there. It then sent a link to my hotmail account and the link in the email sent me to the app store and it was able to install again just fine

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786