Windowsphone 8.1 lockscreen password issue

Ravi Jandyala

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi Team,

I've tried searching for a solution for this issue and could not find this reported on any thread here. I'm currently using WP8.1 on my Lumia 920 and couple weeks ago I switched on the lock-screen password. I wanted to turn it off for a while and when I went to lock-screen settings to turn it off, the option is grayed out. It does allow me to change the password and the timing but the TURN ON/OFF bar is grayed out. I've tried performing a soft reset but it didn't work. I'm just wondering if there is any solution to this issue before I perform hard reset my phone.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey welcome to WPCentral forums :smile:
I haven't seen this issue on my Lumia 920 running windows phone 8.1. This could be a bug in windows phone 8.1 (this still a preview release ). If you want to downgrade to windows phone 8.0 you can do so by using nokia recovery tool for windows OS. Or you may also give hard reset a try (backup all your important data before doing these steps ).

Ravi Jandyala

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello Himanshu,

Thanks for the reply.
I am absolutely aware of the fact that this is a preview release but this issue was not on the microsoft's list of bugs under developer preview, so I was just wondering if it was just me or if it's a widespread issue. I think I can live with this bug as I use my lumia 920 as a secondary phone, I've reported this issue to microsoft using diagnostics tool though. Hopefully this should get fixed eventually. and I don't think I would be downgrading the OS. Keep me posted if you find any fix to this bug apart from hard reset.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I am sure they will fix such annoying bugs in upcoming updates. Also check your phone for updates , there was a small patch/bug fix update from Microsoft which was seeded on 2nd June 2014 :smile:

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Have you added an email account to a corporate Exchange server? If so, the policy on the Exchange server pushed to the phone might be disabling the ability to turn off the password setting.

Ravi Jandyala

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I added my work email address to the exchange server on my phone. And it now allows me to disable the password after I deleted the email address from the list. Thanks, now I know its not a bug. Unfortunately its more important to keep the email address added than removing the password.

Ravi Jandyala

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello Himanshu,

The problem with disabling lock screen password has been fixed. @Primortal's suggestion worked. Its because of the policy to keep the phone password protected when you add a corporate email on exchange server.

TMack223

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Any idea where these profiles are saved? I removed the account and workspace (registered with MobileIron) but the password slider is still greyed out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos