WP Protection

Georgi Ivanov3

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

Do you think that protection across WP 8 and 8.1 is a little vague? What I mean is, some of the settings within the OS are very user sensitive - Backup, Accounts and especially one Factory Reset. In case someone with unfriendly motives plays with your phone, he could do almost everything he wants to, to mess up with ur phone.
Case: If someone steals your phone or you lose it, the person who finds it could easily reset ur phone, delete all ur settings, apps etc, without any interruption from the OS. I am not aware if someone finds ur lost phone with the intention to keep it for himself, is able to do a factory reset and still that to allow you to find the phone through the Find My Phone from the MS website. I suppose not.
In any case I suppose Windows should add more protection across the Settings of the OS and MUST ask for a password for Factory Reset or Hard Reset. I understand it might add some trouble for us to input the password every time we change something on the phone, but I would feel so so so confident that even I lose my phone or an unfriendly person plays with it, my data and settings are well protected..

What do you think?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's the same thing with ios and android...

Once you're in past the lock screen, resetting the phone is a few clicks away.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Now that I think about it, I'd rather take the traditional Windows approach: This is a place where, say, UAC can be a good thing for instance.

(And make sure that it can be turned off as well.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel