I think the new update fixed the battery issues

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I dare to call it... And hopefully in not jumping to conclusions. As soon as I updated, I charged the phone up and unplugged it to check the battery discharge rate.

After four hours, it only lost 4%. 1% per hour is a discharged rate, while inactive, that I've never seen on my 925 before.

It to sin to call, but thought to put it out there for others to share their findings as well.

What are your setting?

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140602_0004.png
    wp_ss_20140602_0004.png
    112 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
You can also see the before trend. From 11 to 2, the phone was inactive as well (I was studying with phone away from me). Look at that steeper trend before compared to after.

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm definitely noticing better idle time as well. In the past, my commute would cause significant battery drain. Now it held 100% until I got to the office and started using it more extensively.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I've yet to experience changes with this update. I'm hopeful though.
Granted, it's my first charge after the update.
Should I wait to make a full charge from 0% to 100%? I haven't done that in a while.

Currently I'm with 2.7% discharge rate, but I'm in battery saving mode and with wifi and mobile data off. I think it's too much considering that.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Just do a simple soft rest and see if that helps. I did it after the update, but I certainly can't attribute the improvement to that.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
This might sound a bit simplistic, but I noticed is the use of apps what sends power consumption to the roof in my Lumia 920. Overheating, etc. I don't know if this is related to drivers or something that changed in the OS, maybe even related to apps like Twitter not having a proper update that's fully compatible with 8.1.

Just do a simple soft rest and see if that helps. I did it after the update, but I certainly can't attribute the improvement to that.

What does a "soft reset" mean?

Last edited:

Georgi Ivanov3

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Just to add: before the update, my battery lasted 1 day and 6 hours without charging and normal usage. After the update, the battery lasted 2 days and 14 hours. GREAT!!!! I own a Lumia 625.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I just put 8.1 on my HTC 8X last night. My battery is getting crushed today. I won't be able to go about life at this depletion rate. I have wi-fi sense off, brightness to medium. Are there any other selections I should know about?

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
This might sound a bit simplistic, but I noticed is the use of apps what sends power consumption to the roof in my Lumia 920. Overheating, etc. I don't know if this is related to drivers or something that changed in the OS, maybe even related to apps like Twitter not having a proper update that's fully compatible with 8.1.

What does a "soft reset" mean?

Soft rest is equivalent to removing your battery and putting it back and starting your phone again. It can be simulated by pressing the power button and the volume down button at the same time for about 15 seconds. The phone will automatically restart itself.

franklasvegas

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 1520. I believe did change with the last update. WiFi always on, Location always on, brightness set to medium. I am now consistently seeing 30+ hours (one time with more casual use I saw 40+ hours). Today I am seeing a discharge rate of 1.3%. Battery Saver app shows unplugged for 3 hours with 1 day 4 hours remaining. Oh - I am NOT using the battery saver feature. Something has greatly improved.

Griffinx

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
There has been a dramatic disimprovement for me using Here Drive for navigation on my Lumia 920. Even with the phone charging from the car charger, the battery depletes. Stop charging and you can almost see the battery dropping :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720