Does Email Notifications Work in Wp8.1?

desitunez

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys.
Can someone confirm if they get notified when email is received in Sub folder ( not inbox ) however it is pinned to home screen.

Updated to latest release last night , still not working. Can someone test ?:devil::devil::amaze::amaze:

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys.
Can someone confirm if they get notified when email is received in Sub folder ( not inbox ) however it is pinned to home screen.

Updated to latest release last night , still not working. Can someone test ?:devil::devil::amaze::amaze:

Far as I'm aware (and have experienced), that's been the case since WP8.0 - I don't think the built in mail client is able to set up filters to put mail in different folders. Full on Exchange accounts might, but I don't think normal Outlook.com/Hotmail accounts do because I don't get notifications when emails end up in the Spam/Junk folder (which is also the case of my personal IMAP email account).

desitunez

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Far as I'm aware (and have experienced), that's been the case since WP8.0 - I don't think the built in mail client is able to set up filters to put mail in different folders. Full on Exchange accounts might, but I don't think normal Outlook.com/Hotmail accounts do because I don't get notifications when emails end up in the Spam/Junk folder (which is also the case of my personal IMAP email account).

This is Exchange , emails do get delivered correct in subfolders which are synced and I can see number of unread emails per folders as they arrive.. But when they arrive no audio/visual notification. So I am missing when I receive those emails if that makes sense. "|

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
This is Exchange , emails do get delivered correct in subfolders which are synced and I can see number of unread emails per folders as they arrive.. But when they arrive no audio/visual notification. So I am missing when I receive those emails if that makes sense. "|

I can't see anything on it either.. I think it might have to be one of those things that we need to pester Microsoft for - along with the ability to attach file types other than images directly from the email app, without having to jump through other apps and hitting 'share'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo