Will U Leave WP if Final WP8.1 would be the same as WP8.1 DEV PRV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kishorekumar_a

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
*Facepalm*

Final WP8.1 will be exactly the same as WP8.1 Dev Preview. There will be no new features added between WP8.1 Dev Preview & Final WP8.1. The differences will only be Bug fixes and Performance improvements. So the question you are asking itself is absurd. It probably can be re-framed as "Will u leave WP?" by truncating the rest of the sentence without losing any value.

And the answer is a resounding NO. Because, while Microsoft did not deliver all the expected features, they have delivered more than enough to satisfy me & justify the time taken.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
As much as I like my 1520 and it's camera 📷 I would most likely switch to a iPhones IF they came out with 5.5" 128 gig i6...that's about the only way I could see myself doing it.

Right now I despise the xbox music,video players this phone has,and music is a very integral part of my life.As such what's being offered isn't acceptable to me.

While 8.1 is better than 8.0 in many regards,in it's current state isn't what I paid for in buying the flagship phone,and wouldn't continue being happy with it as a final release.

FWIW I'm still having random overheating issues,wi-fi issues even after following all the tips offered,not to mention some video tearing and screen distortion when changing pages in any browser,or apps like Tapatalk and wpc app.

I haven't moaned about it after all this is a preview....but...if no fixes comes out before the final is Ota..this phone is gone..

Mac

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I Will leave and give iOS 8 another chance

Why should leave WP8.1?? I m not blind and i could clearly see the dedication Windows Phone team is showing now. If they work like this and give us good products that doesnt SELL our data and earn money to MS, I will never ever leave Windows.

Not a big question, but just wondering when you are moving to iMore :p

HAMEDACC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Not a big question, but just wondering when you are moving to iMore :p
;) already I have posted some post there as well :p
check this out
Is iOS 8 going to lose its minimal design? - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com
Is iOS 8 going to lose its minimal design?
Simplicity and Minimal Design have been iOS Priority from the first day
But after WWDC2014 I found iOS Priority has been changed to Function.

There is no any Antagonism between Simplicity and Function, But now
I think Apple is ready to Sacrifice some Minimal Design aspects of iOS for its Function, if it will be needed.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I will; and I've been around since the early days of WP7. My problem is not apps, not the music app, not features, not anything like that. My issue is with "resuming..." which appears ALL THE TIME on my 925. If that is fixed in a the final build and/or in a firmware update around that time, I'm not going anywhere.

Chris Moore12

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Firmware support for the handsets which should enhance the experience and improve things like lag, display performance, battery life and more. Look how Nokia 'extended' functionality with the Lumia line with features specific to their hardware. This should improve what is the final (and being updated) release that we are running via Dev Preview. I think our experiences will only get better with the 'official releases' - 8.1+firmware specific support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion