30 12
tools
    I Will leave and give iOS 8 another chance

Sent from Tapatalk
    06-04-2014 08:35 AM
    Um, no.
    06-04-2014 08:39 AM
    Another chance? It ain't out yet.
    But yep, if WP 8.1 release is the same as current DP, I'll be Nexus-ing next month.
    HAMEDACC and Beijendorf like this.
    06-04-2014 08:40 AM
    Hell no
    Shiawian likes this.
    06-04-2014 08:40 AM
    I'd like to know what it is that makes people want to leave?

I have come from Android to iOS to Windows Phone and still use an iPhone 5 and now a Lumia 1520.

8.1 is a huge leap and a solid platform now, I would not (apart from a few apps) go back to using iOS 7 or 8.

Battery issues I am sure will be resolved with manufacturer updates like Cyan when it is ready, I don't see how people get so worked up about the Dev preview when that's exactly what it is - A PREVIEW! Flash back to Window Phone 8.0 and wait for the solid, official release and hopefully you will have a better experience and be less worked up about how your phone is treating you :-)
    06-04-2014 08:44 AM
    @Thread starter:
    That's kinda absurd question.
    You are trying to reason your judgement on leaving the wp ecosystem or to not based on the replies?
    kishorekumar_a likes this.
    06-04-2014 08:46 AM

Sent from Tapatalk
    Start packing...
    06-04-2014 08:48 AM
    Nope. Not leaving
    06-04-2014 08:51 AM
    What are you expecting to change from developer's preview to final besides bug fixes?

8.1 is a great leap forward since 8.0 and if Microsoft keeps this momentum up Windows Phone will be a wonderful OS in the near future.
    Sekyal and kishorekumar_a like this.
    06-04-2014 08:52 AM
    @Thread starter:
    That's kinda absurd question.
    You are trying to reason your judgement on leaving the wp ecosystem or to not based on the replies?
    U did not answer the Thread, but thanks any way
    :) peace
    06-04-2014 08:52 AM
    Xbox Music app.
    borasar and HAMEDACC like this.
    06-04-2014 08:55 AM
    Start packing...
    Come on!
    No need for Quip, I just asked a question
    :) peace
    Beijendorf likes this.
    06-04-2014 08:56 AM

Sent from Tapatalk

More power to you...luckily Mobile Nations has iMore forums for you to participate 😊

From what I saw at WWDC two days ago, iOS is getting more cluttered and incoherent. It seems like they are trying to copy everything and everyone at the same time...
    kishorekumar_a likes this.
    06-04-2014 08:56 AM
    i wont leave now, waiting for the Goldfinger
    HAMEDACC likes this.
    06-04-2014 08:57 AM
    Absolutely have no intention of leaving! I'm fully aware that a Beta is a significant portion of the full release ( strange question you ask).
    With that said, I'm eagerly looking forward to more enhancements & features as this wonderful OS matures even further.
    06-04-2014 08:58 AM
    I'm all in.
    What's to complain about. Everything is getting better.
    kishorekumar_a and Sekyal like this.
    06-04-2014 08:59 AM
    OP, the final release is very likely to be the same as dev preview, they will fix a bunch of bugs and improve stability, but they won't be releasing new features, the only thing I see maybe Cortana going out of beta and hitting a global release, but I doubt that will be soon.

I'm sticking with WP8.1 for the time being. I liked iOS8, but you gotta keep the hardware in mind as well.

So to sum it up, I think you are expecting way too much from a final WP8.1 release if you think there will be new features and you are also packing a little too early as we don't know what the new iphones will look like. Personally if a larger phone isn't released by Apple I wouldn't even consider switching regardless of the OS updates.
    kishorekumar_a and HAMEDACC like this.
    06-04-2014 09:06 AM
    The Dev preview is feature final already. I don't expect anything other than bugfixes before the official release with the updated firmware. The updated firmware should smooth out a lot of the issue seem to be having with touch and battery life.

I've got a Nexus 5 and a Lumia 920 that I already switch between. For most of the 8.1 preview I've been using the Nexus, once I get an updated firmware I'll switch back to the 920 for awhile.
    HAMEDACC likes this.
    06-04-2014 09:10 AM
    Fair question, the OS is great, but still far from perfect.

Xbox music app is still underperforming and lacking basic features like proper shuffle for example even though it has been updated a number of times. MS promised regular updates and have so far been sticking with the schedule, but I personally think they aren't moving fast enough given how far back they've set everyone with the new Xbox music app.

The mail client needs a serious update and I was actually shocked that it didn't receive it as part of 8.1. I still can't attach documents and the photos I attach get resized automatically. This is with MS trying to push for enterprise...

The app situation is improving but still has a ways to to, many official apps are lagging behind their equivalents on other platforms. The facebook app that MS is working on still has a long way to go, Skype is still bulky, slow and still sucks with notifications from time to time. I'm glad we finally received a Whatsapp update after waiting for months.

I'm not trying to knock WP, I really like the OS, just being honest about its current state. As much as MS has done I still think they aren't moving fast enough to catch-up with Android and iOS.
    HAMEDACC likes this.
    06-04-2014 09:16 AM
    It's the full release of the OS. What is missing, is the firmware which is provided by the handset manufacturers. Put the two together and you will have a complete experience. This has been documented elsewhere on this site and stated many times.

We might get one or two more bug-fix updates in between now and when firmware is released but what we have now is complete, as far as the OS is concerned. The only thing that doesn't make it complete is the lack of firmware update.
    06-04-2014 09:24 AM
    Retarded question
    Nickkk101 likes this.
    06-04-2014 09:25 AM
    *Facepalm*

Final WP8.1 will be exactly the same as WP8.1 Dev Preview. There will be no new features added between WP8.1 Dev Preview & Final WP8.1. The differences will only be Bug fixes and Performance improvements. So the question you are asking itself is absurd. It probably can be re-framed as "Will u leave WP?" by truncating the rest of the sentence without losing any value.

And the answer is a resounding NO. Because, while Microsoft did not deliver all the expected features, they have delivered more than enough to satisfy me & justify the time taken.
    HAMEDACC likes this.
    06-04-2014 09:28 AM
    Retarded question
    I did not ask to explain your self
    :)
    06-04-2014 09:31 AM
    As much as I like my 1520 and it's camera 📷 I would most likely switch to a iPhones IF they came out with 5.5" 128 gig i6...that's about the only way I could see myself doing it.

Right now I despise the xbox music,video players this phone has,and music is a very integral part of my life.As such what's being offered isn't acceptable to me.

While 8.1 is better than 8.0 in many regards,in it's current state isn't what I paid for in buying the flagship phone,and wouldn't continue being happy with it as a final release.

FWIW I'm still having random overheating issues,wi-fi issues even after following all the tips offered,not to mention some video tearing and screen distortion when changing pages in any browser,or apps like Tapatalk and wpc app.

I haven't moaned about it after all this is a preview....but...if no fixes comes out before the final is Ota..this phone is gone..

Mac
    HAMEDACC likes this.
    06-04-2014 09:31 AM
    Start packing...
    I'll help.
    06-04-2014 09:33 AM
30 12