My wife just said NO to android

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
There is a saying the grass on the other side ain't greener and all that glitters ain't gold. But my wife, who at times struggled with staying on the platform just said NO to keeping this GS4 and switched back to her Lumia 920. She says it simply works better and doesn't have all the distractions in android. What did it was "live tiles". She missed them most of all. She missed Chronos calendar, how the phone functions, favorites and most of all its simplicity. She misses all that and even though there are apps she wants on WP, that are on android, its not enough to give up her Lumia 920. Where is my Sim ejector tool?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's cool!

I kept my SIM ejector tool in the box from my 900 (under the piece of tape that came in the box). I just needed to remove my SIM from my 920 yesterday to install the new Slacker Radio. Those little SIM ejector tools are easy to lose.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Haha, awesome! Good for your wife! :grin: I have an Android phone in a drawer (HTC One) because I was very interested in trying one out, but my Windows Phones take precedence! I keep the SIM ejector tool that came with my 925 in a metal box I always keep in my backpack purse. Since I've been swapping my SIM out and swapping it out between the 925 and my 810 (frequently since the 8.1 update on the latter) and the One (rarely), I figured it's better keeping it there than in the 925's box. I had also dented my SIM ejector tool that came with my 920 because the day I got it, I goofed up and put the SIM card in upside down, which caused me to have trouble trying to eject the tray, hence bending it. :unhappysweat:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I got to tell you, that was a major surprise to hear from her. Just when you think from the things she complains about WP that she wants, what WP offers in terms of pure form and function, android simply never had. She misses her WP. Flat out misses it.

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I got to tell you, that was a major surprise to hear from her. Just when you think from the things she complains about WP that she wants, what WP offers in terms of pure form and function, android simply never had. She misses her WP. Flat out misses it.

My wife was the same way. I jumped onto WP7 and she refused to leave Android. Told me she would never go to WP. Finally talked her into a L521 back in August when I moved over to WP8 and if you ask her if she wants to go back to Android she will curse you.

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
My wife was the same way. I jumped onto WP7 and she refused to leave Android. Told me she would never go to WP. Finally talked her into a L521 back in August when I moved over to WP8 and if you ask her if she wants to go back to Android she will curse you.

So she wwould be like "hell fking no" lol

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
It's so nice to hear that people are moving from.android to WP and linking it! All I've heard from my android using friends is that once you use android, you can't use anything else. I wish my friends would try WP.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Well i think she is just humoring you and has a Droid hidden in her purse 👛
And when she's among friends she's laughing her hart out....just keep eyeballing here ;)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I understand that, when I had a Galaxy S4 Mini as a replacement phone for a few weeks, I actually really disliked it in the beginning. After a few days of getting used to it, I started to appreciate the advantages of Android though.

Still, I don't feel like buying an Android phone right now. Either WP or iOS for me I guess.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Well i think she is just humoring you and has a Droid hidden in her purse ��
And when she's among friends she's laughing her hart out....just keep eyeballing here ;)

ROTFL. It was something to see her just put the GS4 face down on the table and walk away from it in disgust. She said, "No, I want my other phone back." All I could think was, wow. She said you can't even see it outside.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That's cool!

I kept my SIM ejector tool in the box from my 900 (under the piece of tape that came in the box). I just needed to remove my SIM from my 920 yesterday to install the new Slacker Radio. Those little SIM ejector tools are easy to lose.

SIM ejector tool, is that what they're calling a bent paper clip these days? I just can't keep up with these young whippersnappers.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
LOL nice.
I had an S4 before getting the Nokia Icon.

I tried to get my wife and I both an Icon but she saw that giant Note3 and got it.
But she doesn't know Windows Phone since I got her a HTC Touch back with WM6 or was that 5.5...

Once she starts realizing how well Cortana and the spoken reminders work she'll probably want a WP device next time. Especially if Verizon got something in the 6" like the 1050

I don't miss my S4. I gave it to my kid.
IE11 sure is a lot better in WP 8.1 than the lame browsers in the S4 and the Note

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
SIM ejector tool, is that what they're calling a bent paper clip these days? I just can't keep up with these young whippersnappers.

Yup, it's happening at offices all over, "Hey, does anyone have a SIM ejector tool handy? I'm out, and I have a few invoices I need to send over to billing..." :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss