My wife just said NO to android

davebolton

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I am not surprised. I have an Android phone and Nexus 7 tablet sitting in a drawer for this same reason. If I keep those out of sight I won't be reminded of those bad choices. FWIW I also have an iPhone sitting in a drawer.

Tony_Offends_U

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
There is a saying the grass on the other side ain't greener and all that glitters ain't gold. But my wife, who at times struggled with staying on the platform just said NO to keeping this GS4 and switched back to her Lumia 920. She says it simply works better and doesn't have all the distractions in android. What did it was "live tiles". She missed them most of all. She missed Chronos calendar, how the phone functions, favorites and most of all its simplicity. She misses all that and even though there are apps she wants on WP, that are on android, its not enough to give up her Lumia 920. Where is my Sim ejector tool?

My wife tried iOS, Android and WP. She likes them all equally but is currently loving my old 920.
BUT she said the ABSOLUTE BEST OS she's ever used was webOS.

Plus Jazmac, I always thought you were a woman. My bad.

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
There is a saying the grass on the other side ain't greener and all that glitters ain't gold. But my wife, who at times struggled with staying on the platform just said NO to keeping this GS4 and switched back to her Lumia 920. She says it simply works better and doesn't have all the distractions in android. What did it was "live tiles". She missed them most of all. She missed Chronos calendar, how the phone functions, favorites and most of all its simplicity. She misses all that and even though there are apps she wants on WP, that are on android, its not enough to give up her Lumia 920. Where is my Sim ejector tool?

My Sim ejector tool is still in the right place in the box of my 720. No need to take it out as I'm extremely happy with the phone. It replaced my rather outdated N9 (to my mind still the most gorgeous Nokia phone of all time) and the change over went smoothly.
I recently bought my girlfriend a white 720 for her birthday to replace her BB 9760 (what a piece of s..t!) and she thanked me in a way I can't describe on this site.
We are both impressed with the battery life and general quality of the phones and no way are we going to go the Android or iPhone way. High on the I-want-to-get list: a 930, but only if the battery life is as good as the 720.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
My Sim ejector tool is still in the right place in the box of my 720. No need to take it out as I'm extremely happy with the phone. It replaced my rather outdated N9 (to my mind still the most gorgeous Nokia phone of all time) and the change over went smoothly.
I recently bought my girlfriend a white 720 for her birthday to replace her BB 9760 (what a piece of s..t!) and she thanked me in a way I can't describe on this site.
We are both impressed with the battery life and general quality of the phones and no way are we going to go the Android or iPhone way. High on the I-want-to-get list: a 930, but only if the battery life is as good as the 720.
Awesome. I have a sim tool. Several in fact. We have a bunch of WP in the house each came with one.

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
You kids and your silly "sim ejector tools"

When I was your age.....

Anyway. I had a drawer full of android devices. I think about 4 or 5 of them. sold them all! I don't know, I just find WP to be really intuitive, easy to use, and fun. I've gotten over the "Lack of apps" because most of them were just novelties, not an app that I really needed to function. (Read: Candy Crush.)

Would I ever go back to an android? Well, if someone gave me a new Note 3 for free, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't play around with it. However the main thing that I keep coming back for is the camera. Dat camera :cool:

EVENTUALLY i'll get a 1020, or wait and see if it gets a new successor.

Wow I rambled.

TL;DR:

Meh Android, Yay WP!

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I love my Windows Phone but Apple's latest upgrade to their OS is really tempting

iOS 8 is yet to come. it's just previewed. we cannot decided on basis of that.
still, iOS was and always will be tempting. but i love WP beyond temptation. why? i don't know, and can't say. it's just feel perfect (though some apps missing) and it's my PCs buddy. everything is synced including colors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss