why DEV do NOT have any ENTHUSIASM for WP?

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Sadly one is the number of devices in the market. You want the biggest consumer base for your application to make the most revenue.

Deviantelf

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Heck, MS treats it as a second class device. Take Bing rewards: They introduced Bing rewards on mobile but only for Android/iOS, Windows Phone "was coming soon". It's now live on WP too... but seriously? If the overall company treats it like a second class device why should anyone else think any different? If they don't care why should the devs? Sad, but true.

I do like my WP... but I still play with my Android as there's things WP doesn't have like independent alarm volume... can't be an every day phone with out that, but that's really my only real complaint. Yes I've heard about the work arounds, but they really don't work for me. 8.1 dev preview was a great step up separating ringtone/notifications and media... made it usable in real life and at work... but still lacking.

Edit: really it's not only the independent volume alarm level, but that each alarm has an independent level. Say I need two blasting loud to wake up, but a couple at work very quiet... 100% easy on Android. Also worth mentioning is I got the 1020 free on upgrade for the camera, and I'm loving it more than I thought I would.. but it still can't do daily needs that I need in a phone, which makes me sad... because it's so almost awesome... there's work arounds for my other issues... but that's the one deal breaker. If I'm mistaken, and there's an app for that PLEASE tell me!

Georgi Ivanov3

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
They don't like it cuz WP doesn't allow them to extract all kind of information regarding us and our user behaviour along with everything we do, unlike iOS and Android. It is not a myth that user data is often much more valuable than the price of the app itself.. We might have less apps, though we do have the essentials, but I personally feel comfortable, knowing that I am not being tracked and observed on everything I do with my phone and my life...
Remember that the main assets Google and Apple hold is the massive user behaviour database. That's how they make money..
I like my Windows Phone with the apps available at the moment. I will never switch to anything different, just because I don't have 100 different apps that do exactly the same thing or games that I rather play on PC, Xbox or PlayStation..
Let's hope Windows keeps it clean and not see us, users as some sheeps that would buy anything they make, but think what is most important and deliver it.. I believe we made a good choice with WP and feel happy with what we have and what is coming..
Cheers :)

Last edited:

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
nowadays, in last 3-4 months, we cannot say the same thing about the Devs.
they are working and working.

may be Devs cannot work under simplicity and sandbox together, but, still they are working. i am happy about it. proud of their efforts.

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Market share. =D
But, like the Deviantelf say: If even Microsoft don't care, why developers have to care???
Where is the new Office to Windows Phone (And to Windows?)
And... Why Skype to Android and iOS is better then WP? Srly.... WHY SKYPE DON'T SEND A PIC ON WP?

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
and there is the small stuff, i've been coding a game using Unity..
i have to use special wrappers all over the place, just to pass the WP8 store :S..
also, some tools are missing(from Unity, since its a 3erd party SDK), most significant one for me, is a tool that helps u debug, using your own mobile touch screen. Unity remote.. Andriod and IOS has it , but not WP8. and that tools saves tons of time and headaches.

so im thinking of buying a cheap andriod, and debug from there, and hope that everything works fine accross all platforms(that never happens :D )

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Heck, MS treats it as a second class device. Take Bing rewards: They introduced Bing rewards on mobile but only for Android/iOS, Windows Phone "was coming soon". It's now live on WP too... but seriously? If the overall company treats it like a second class device why should anyone else think any different? If they don't care why should the devs? Sad, but true.

I do like my WP... but I still play with my Android as there's things WP doesn't have like independent alarm volume... can't be an every day phone with out that, but that's really my only real complaint. Yes I've heard about the work arounds, but they really don't work for me. 8.1 dev preview was a great step up separating ringtone/notifications and media... made it usable in real life and at work... but still lacking.

Edit: really it's not only the independent volume alarm level, but that each alarm has an independent level. Say I need two blasting loud to wake up, but a couple at work very quiet... 100% easy on Android. Also worth mentioning is I got the 1020 free on upgrade for the camera, and I'm loving it more than I thought I would.. but it still can't do daily needs that I need in a phone, which makes me sad... because it's so almost awesome... there's work arounds for my other issues... but that's the one deal breaker. If I'm mistaken, and there's an app for that PLEASE tell me!

In addition to your points-
Bing rewards was not even available in most countries including mine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre