The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    After all things MS is doing for Android and iOS such as latest news about considering giving Cortana to both (I think they should make Cortana available for non US markets on WP instead) I started to wondering that WP is just advertising platform just to make users switch to Bing, OutLook, OneDrive, Skype etc. Those services is what MS only cares about I think, and courtesans is going to be one of them. What do you think? Because I'm confused by now and considering switch from 920 to nexus 5 or maybe LG g2.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    06-14-2014 02:13 AM
    OP has a point !

Cortana was supposed to be a differentiator for WinPhone. Skype runs better on iOS than WinPhone. Don't know whats up.
    06-14-2014 08:09 AM
    well windows phone is still going to be supported because it will just be windows on a small screen after windows 9 it seems but Microsoft said they're a devices and services company now so to have things exclusive to windows phone doesn't seem like something they'll continue to do but i still enjoy the windows experience, I try to avoid google and idk about apple they're just there for me nothing really that makes me say i will drop my windows phone for that so i'll be on windows for some time
    06-14-2014 08:16 AM
    The fact my WP isn't an iPhone or Android is what will keep me on the platform. Gave up long ago with Android and with the iPhone I personally feel that pressing 'home' to go back a page is just stupid, so I will never go with either platform.
    06-14-2014 08:21 AM
    I'm not surprised. They have done it to Office Touch/ Mobile before, Skype in iOS/ Androids runs better. MS is just giving more reasons to go back to Android/ OS. Why can't they support their own smartphone more?
    emperor_skull likes this.
    06-14-2014 09:55 AM
    Microsoft should also work with Sony on bringing Cortana to PlayStation 4, in case people don't have an Xbox. Right?
    emperor_skull, niexus and xandros9 like this.
    06-14-2014 10:09 AM
    Microsoft should also work with Sony on bringing Cortana to PlayStation 4, in case people don't have an Xbox. Right?
    that's true
    06-14-2014 10:25 AM
    Goto this site to keep Cortana as windows phone exclusive. http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/fo...dows-exclusive
    06-14-2014 10:29 AM
    The fact my WP isn't an iPhone or Android is what will keep me on the platform. Gave up long ago with Android and with the iPhone I personally feel that pressing 'home' to go back a page is just stupid, so I will never go with either platform.
    I would love to stay with WP "because I like it" instead keeping it "because it's not Android nor iOS". Although I decided to stay with WP for now. Mostly because of Nokia's hardware and live tiles (you can get tiles in Android, sure, but it just doesn't work as good there). I don't think so is bad. Is great indeed, but as I said earlier it just looks like MS is trying to kill it. Most features US only and I guess WP has higher market share everywhere but US. So yeah duck logic. Imagine if they would make all their services world wide.
    WP ftw!
    Peace ✌
    Last edited by niexus; 06-14-2014 at 07:10 PM.
    06-14-2014 06:58 PM
    Microsoft have worked hard on Windows Phone the last couple of years, and I feel like they're going to push big updates to the core of the system in the future. That's why some updates kinda suck in some parts, but in the next update they focus on those sucky features.
    06-15-2014 04:08 PM