The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
09-15-2014 09:33 AM
98 1234
tools
    I'm finding that location services is KILLING my battery. Once you disable that, then my phone doesn't get as warm. Downside is you cripple Cortana and some of her functions like reminders because it seems you always need it on for her to work correctly. I'm not really all that enthused about Cortana and location services with my current battery performance. I now average 10-15% drainage vs 1-3% per hour in Windows Phone 8.0.----> Nokia 920 user.
    06-27-2014 09:53 AM
    probably an app that doesn't play nice then? have you tried without any apps installed too see what drain % was an hour ;-)
    I did a factory reset.
    And did not load my backup in.
    Started from scratch.

Battery back to normal.
    Full charge is 1day 15hrs.

Drip feeding apps in. Battery remaining same.
    Good.

Stull don't know how some of you are getting 3 days on a full charge..

Or could it the that the damage has been done. My batteries life has been shortened?
    06-29-2014 12:52 AM
    You have a 920T, can you tell if it has better CPU or GPU than the normal 920?
    06-29-2014 06:28 AM
    got a 925 with 8.1 DP and i only charge it every two days. with medium usage. but i can see that if you use some apps like facebook or facebook messenger it will discharge on a rate of 9% hour... my medium shown on insider is about 2% every day some days less than that. location off wi-fi off and only 3 or 4 apps running on backgroun. so for the most i'm happy with it.
    06-29-2014 06:47 AM
    2 days and 13hours with heavy usage it's fake. With heavy usage your phone will last for 6 hours maximum.
    Not fake at all, with heavy use my 1520 will also run for about 2 days 10 hours....
    06-29-2014 06:51 AM
    Tried post #17

Did not work for me.

Still getting sapped 20% battery from 100%. Overnight

Which battery app are you using?
    If it's anything but Insider, get rid of it. High discharge is a known issue with some battery apps.. Ironic!!!!
    06-29-2014 06:54 AM
    Not fake at all, with heavy use my 1520 will also run for about 2 days 10 hours....
    then i think you don't know what heavy usage is actually. i also have a L925. i use whatsapp, facebook and messenger continuously, i even play fifa 14 then browsing, checking all forums, use skype for video calls for atleast 15 mins then calls after all this it lasts for around 6 hours. this is heavy usage bro
    06-29-2014 08:54 AM
    then i think you don't know what heavy usage is actually. i also have a L925. i use whatsapp, facebook and messenger continuously, i even play fifa 14 then browsing, checking all forums, use skype for video calls for atleast 15 mins then calls after all this it lasts for around 6 hours. this is heavy usage bro
    That's not really heavy use, bro!!!! Using Whatsapp and Messenger will drain your battery in hours. Plus you have a 925, so a low end phone....

As I mentioned, I've got a 1520, which is in CONSTANT use from 7am until maybe 8pm... I use my phone for work, so I'm not ******* around on FB or Whatsapp all day. I'll admit the battery in the 1520 is 3400mh, so I've got an unfair advantage....
    Just because some of us are getting more than 6 or 8 hours, doesn't mean we are lying or it is fake. Just means we have higher spec phones, and know which programs to avoid.... Namely Whatsapp and FB Messenger. these are known battery hogs. Same as Cortana....
    Games will be heavy usage apps, so what do you expect??

Heavy use??? Your just playing at using your phone heavily... LOL!!!!
    06-29-2014 11:13 AM
    Which battery app are you using?
    If it's anything but Insider, get rid of it. High discharge is a known issue with some battery apps.. Ironic!!!!
    I'm using both Battery Saver and a 3rd party app called Battery Widget.
    I like this app because it displays a nice graph.
    Does Insider have a nice graph? I shall check it out.

I've factory reset my phone and loaded all my stuff from scratch. Did not reload backup.

Battery now displays 1day15hrs on full charge.
    And when idle only saps 3-5% overnight at a burn rate of 1.5-2% per hour.

Question still remains though. How are some people achieving 3 god damn days?!

Has my battery sustained permanent damage?
    06-29-2014 08:55 PM
    I would turn Battery Saver off and get rid of Battery Widget. Yes Insider does have a nice graph, and a load of other stats about discharge rates etc. Plus it doesn't use your battery.
    I'm usually against any kind of battery app, but this one works brilliantly. And it has a host of other features not just battery monitoring....

I doubt that your battery has sustained any damage. Nokia products use quality components and the build quality is second to none.
    06-30-2014 02:11 AM
    I would turn Battery Saver off and get rid of Battery Widget. Yes Insider does have a nice graph, and a load of other stats about discharge rates etc. Plus it doesn't use your battery.
    I'm usually against any kind of battery app, but this one works brilliantly. And it has a host of other features not just battery monitoring....

I doubt that your battery has sustained any damage. Nokia products use quality components and the build quality is second to none.

Alright. Sold.
    I'll pick up insider.

Remaining question.
    How do some people achieve 3 days without charge? That's so crazy
    06-30-2014 06:01 AM
    Any difference between paid and free version?

Just ads?
    06-30-2014 06:03 AM
    Any difference between paid and free version?

Just ads?
    Yes. The difference is only ads
    06-30-2014 06:29 AM
    Yes. The difference is only ads

Wow. Cheers man. Insider is heaps informative.

Thanks man.
    06-30-2014 04:59 PM
    That's not really heavy use, bro!!!! Using Whatsapp and Messenger will drain your battery in hours. Plus you have a 925, so a low end phone....

As I mentioned, I've got a 1520, which is in CONSTANT use from 7am until maybe 8pm... I use my phone for work, so I'm not ******* around on FB or Whatsapp all day. I'll admit the battery in the 1520 is 3400mh, so I've got an unfair advantage....
    Just because some of us are getting more than 6 or 8 hours, doesn't mean we are lying or it is fake. Just means we have higher spec phones, and know which programs to avoid.... Namely Whatsapp and FB Messenger. these are known battery hogs. Same as Cortana....
    Games will be heavy usage apps, so what do you expect??

Heavy use??? Your just playing at using your phone heavily... LOL!!!!
    Congratulations -- you have just been crowned d-bag of the internets.
    Last edited by steve_w_7; 07-01-2014 at 10:46 AM.
    Aniket Mhatre likes this.
    06-30-2014 05:26 PM
    Like I give a ****???? The fact that you used the word 'internets', means the crown has been passed to you!!!!
    07-01-2014 02:19 AM
    Like I give a ****????
    I hope your beloved 1520's gigantic battery breaks down and you'll feel the OP's misery
    johnskrilla likes this.
    07-01-2014 02:23 AM
    I hope your beloved 1520's gigantic battery breaks down and you'll feel the OP's misery
    Beloved?? It's only a phone..... If it breaks, I'm sure my life will continue....
    07-01-2014 03:16 AM
    Like I give a ****???? The fact that you used the word 'internets', means the crown has been passed to you!!!!
    Dude why you gotta be a ******. Some people are less fortunate than you be thankful you are not dealing with what the OP is going through instead of a **** about it.
    07-01-2014 11:46 PM
    Dude why you gotta be a ******. Some people are less fortunate than you be thankful you are not dealing with what the OP is going through instead of a **** about it.
    I'm wasn't be a *******. I was responding to a barbed comment directed towards me, which had nothing to do with the OPs problem.
    I have read numerous comments about severe battery drain, and this is usually down to an app causing the problem.
    The same advice applies to the problem.... Hard reset, don't restore from backup, monitor any apps you install to see if one of these is causing the problem. If all this fails, return to the manufacturer for a replacement.

Any barbed comments directed towards me, will be met with sarcasm and the contempt they deserve. This IS a forum after all, and I have the right to defend myself if a personal comment is made.

I do hope that the OP remedies his problem. I have never had this problem with any WP device I have owned, but I do sympathise!!! It's not nice to have a device which doesn't function correctly, and it does take it out of you if you can't fix the problem.
    Good luck to the OP, I hope it all works out for you. It would be interesting to hear what was causing the problem.
    07-02-2014 02:31 AM
    I'm wasn't be a *******. I was responding to a barbed comment directed towards me, which had nothing to do with the OPs problem.
    I have read numerous comments about severe battery drain, and this is usually down to an app causing the problem.
    The same advice applies to the problem.... Hard reset, don't restore from backup, monitor any apps you install to see if one of these is causing the problem. If all this fails, return to the manufacturer for a replacement.

Any barbed comments directed towards me, will be met with sarcasm and the contempt they deserve. This IS a forum after all, and I have the right to defend myself if a personal comment is made.

I do hope that the OP remedies his problem. I have never had this problem with any WP device I have owned, but I do sympathise!!! It's not nice to have a device which doesn't function correctly, and it does take it out of you if you can't fix the problem.
    Good luck to the OP, I hope it all works out for you. It would be interesting to hear what was causing the problem.

Sorry bro. Thanks for clarifying.

Sent from Seattle
    Geddeeee likes this.
    07-02-2014 05:12 AM
    I was one of the luckiest guys that didn't experienced any battery issue or drain. Since two days ago that I had to factory reset phone last like 6 hours, I'm now with same configuration as before and same apps.
    Any ideas what may be the cause?
    Last edited by migueli2; 07-02-2014 at 04:50 PM.
    07-02-2014 08:47 AM
    So I hear fb messenger kills battery. Any truth to this?
    07-03-2014 07:04 PM
    Yup using fb messenger eats your battery very fast!
    dubr likes this.
    07-03-2014 07:19 PM
    I'm really hating to do all this for my 920- I'm going on a trip and guess what? The 920 is staying home and using my Android LG Optimus Pro G with Kitkat. the 920 will be a useless brick after two hours. When I come back then I'll have time to fiddle with all this crap. Also I have found much better travel apps at the Google Playstore than the abyss that is called WP app store. Sorry for sounding so harsh, I really do like the L920 and UI when it was on 8.0 and getting 24hrs of battery life.
    07-03-2014 10:27 PM
98 1234