Battery drains form 100% to empty within two hours after update to 8.10.12397.895 on Lumia 925

roc_ren

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Dude, I've got the same issue when I updated my phone to 8.0 GDR3 preview about half a year ago. I was even wondering if it was a problem for products from specific distributors (mine was purchased in China, kind of a local type called 920T, modified by the stupid network operator here).

I tried everything just as you did, and at last my rescue was to first roll back to GDR2, by using Nokia Software Updater for Retail, which did not solve the battery draining problem, but get my warranty and every information needed back; then I go to a Nokia service department, asked them to re-flash my 920T to factory defaults. That's when everything became normal again. It did not take long, each rolling back may take 10mins to 30mins perhaps.

When GDR3 was officially pushed out, I accepted it with full preparation of having a same issue and having to roll back again, but to my relieve it turned out to be just fine.

This time I became clever by holding back my curiosity and waiting patiently for a public official release. It's just why the battery issue appears to a certain number of products confuses me.

Anyway I hope this might be of any help, and may you get your system back to normal again very soon.

Roc

Last edited by a moderator:

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
i've terrible battery life with the latest 8.1 update. I noticed that my cell signal strength is low and switches often from LTE to 4G and back to LTE. I wonder if that's the cause.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I also had this problem on my Ativ S, but I found a solution.

1) Let your phone discharge to 50%-30% battery
2) Download Battery Discharger: Battery Discharger | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
3) Do a soft reset by pressing Vol Up + Power
4) Run Battery Discharger and let it discharge your phone's battery until it turns off
5) Wait 10 minutes and connect your phone to charger
6) If the phone is booted, do a soft reset again
7) Charge your phone to 100% battery. Don't disconnect it when it has 100% and wait 2 hours before disconnecting.

This solution worked perfectly for me! :)
Another tip: Turn off battery saver, it will dry out your battery, because of a WP 8.1 bug.

BR,
myst02

Will give this a try

dubr

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I close everything I open. Unless there's another way of closing apps I don't know about.

Hold Back button and swipe open apps down??

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I close everything I open. Unless there's another way of closing apps I don't know about.

Hold Back button and swipe open apps down??

go to app menu , battery saver , scroll down , show all apps , now you will be presented with a list of all your apps and which ones can do stuff in the background , you will be surprised that games like modern warfare are enabled to run in the background ;-)

disable all apps you don't need running in the background in this list ;-) it may help apps from randomly starting on their own and keeping the phone awake ;-)

dubr

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
go to app menu , battery saver , scroll down , show all apps , now you will be presented with a list of all your apps and which ones can do stuff in the background , you will be surprised that games like modern warfare are enabled to run in the background ;-)

disable all apps you don't need running in the background in this list ;-) it may help apps from randomly starting on their own and keeping the phone awake ;-)

Every app with the allow toggle is switched to not allowed.

All apps bar 1. A day counter app that counts down days for a particular event.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Every app with the allow toggle is switched to not allowed.

All apps bar 1. A day counter app that counts down days for a particular event.

probably an app that doesn't play nice then? have you tried without any apps installed too see what drain % was an hour ;-)

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm finding that location services is KILLING my battery. Once you disable that, then my phone doesn't get as warm. Downside is you cripple Cortana and some of her functions like reminders because it seems you always need it on for her to work correctly. I'm not really all that enthused about Cortana and location services with my current battery performance. I now average 10-15% drainage vs 1-3% per hour in Windows Phone 8.0.----> Nokia 920 user.

dubr

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
probably an app that doesn't play nice then? have you tried without any apps installed too see what drain % was an hour ;-)

I did a factory reset.
And did not load my backup in.
Started from scratch.

Battery back to normal.
Full charge is 1day 15hrs.

Drip feeding apps in. Battery remaining same.
Good.

Stull don't know how some of you are getting 3 days on a full charge..

Or could it the that the damage has been done. My batteries life has been shortened?

Helder Costa1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
got a 925 with 8.1 DP and i only charge it every two days. with medium usage. but i can see that if you use some apps like facebook or facebook messenger it will discharge on a rate of 9% hour... my medium shown on insider is about 2% every day some days less than that. location off wi-fi off and only 3 or 4 apps running on backgroun. so for the most i'm happy with it.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Tried post #17

Did not work for me.

Still getting sapped 20% battery from 100%. Overnight

Which battery app are you using?
If it's anything but Insider, get rid of it. High discharge is a known issue with some battery apps.. Ironic!!!!

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Not fake at all, with heavy use my 1520 will also run for about 2 days 10 hours....
then i think you don't know what heavy usage is actually. i also have a L925. i use whatsapp, facebook and messenger continuously, i even play fifa 14 then browsing, checking all forums, use skype for video calls for atleast 15 mins then calls after all this it lasts for around 6 hours. this is heavy usage bro

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
then i think you don't know what heavy usage is actually. i also have a L925. i use whatsapp, facebook and messenger continuously, i even play fifa 14 then browsing, checking all forums, use skype for video calls for atleast 15 mins then calls after all this it lasts for around 6 hours. this is heavy usage bro

That's not really heavy use, bro!!!! Using Whatsapp and Messenger will drain your battery in hours. Plus you have a 925, so a low end phone....

As I mentioned, I've got a 1520, which is in CONSTANT use from 7am until maybe 8pm... I use my phone for work, so I'm not pissing around on FB or Whatsapp all day. I'll admit the battery in the 1520 is 3400mh, so I've got an unfair advantage....
Just because some of us are getting more than 6 or 8 hours, doesn't mean we are lying or it is fake. Just means we have higher spec phones, and know which programs to avoid.... Namely Whatsapp and FB Messenger. these are known battery hogs. Same as Cortana....
Games will be heavy usage apps, so what do you expect??

Heavy use??? Your just playing at using your phone heavily... LOL!!!!

dubr

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Which battery app are you using?
If it's anything but Insider, get rid of it. High discharge is a known issue with some battery apps.. Ironic!!!!

I'm using both Battery Saver and a 3rd party app called Battery Widget.
I like this app because it displays a nice graph.
Does Insider have a nice graph? I shall check it out.

I've factory reset my phone and loaded all my stuff from scratch. Did not reload backup.

Battery now displays 1day15hrs on full charge.
And when idle only saps 3-5% overnight at a burn rate of 1.5-2% per hour.

Question still remains though. How are some people achieving 3 god damn days?!

Has my battery sustained permanent damage?

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I would turn Battery Saver off and get rid of Battery Widget. Yes Insider does have a nice graph, and a load of other stats about discharge rates etc. Plus it doesn't use your battery.
I'm usually against any kind of battery app, but this one works brilliantly. And it has a host of other features not just battery monitoring....

I doubt that your battery has sustained any damage. Nokia products use quality components and the build quality is second to none.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss