Battery drains form 100% to empty within two hours after update to 8.10.12397.895 on Lumia 925

dubr

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I would turn Battery Saver off and get rid of Battery Widget. Yes Insider does have a nice graph, and a load of other stats about discharge rates etc. Plus it doesn't use your battery.
I'm usually against any kind of battery app, but this one works brilliantly. And it has a host of other features not just battery monitoring....

I doubt that your battery has sustained any damage. Nokia products use quality components and the build quality is second to none.

Alright. Sold.
I'll pick up insider.

Remaining question.
How do some people achieve 3 days without charge? That's so crazy

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
That's not really heavy use, bro!!!! Using Whatsapp and Messenger will drain your battery in hours. Plus you have a 925, so a low end phone....

As I mentioned, I've got a 1520, which is in CONSTANT use from 7am until maybe 8pm... I use my phone for work, so I'm not pissing around on FB or Whatsapp all day. I'll admit the battery in the 1520 is 3400mh, so I've got an unfair advantage....
Just because some of us are getting more than 6 or 8 hours, doesn't mean we are lying or it is fake. Just means we have higher spec phones, and know which programs to avoid.... Namely Whatsapp and FB Messenger. these are known battery hogs. Same as Cortana....
Games will be heavy usage apps, so what do you expect??

Heavy use??? Your just playing at using your phone heavily... LOL!!!!

Congratulations -- you have just been crowned d-bag of the internets.

Last edited:

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Like I give a ****???? The fact that you used the word 'internets', means the crown has been passed to you!!!!

Dude why you gotta be a ******. Some people are less fortunate than you be thankful you are not dealing with what the OP is going through instead of a **** about it.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Dude why you gotta be a ******. Some people are less fortunate than you be thankful you are not dealing with what the OP is going through instead of a **** about it.

I'm wasn't be a *******. I was responding to a barbed comment directed towards me, which had nothing to do with the OPs problem.
I have read numerous comments about severe battery drain, and this is usually down to an app causing the problem.
The same advice applies to the problem.... Hard reset, don't restore from backup, monitor any apps you install to see if one of these is causing the problem. If all this fails, return to the manufacturer for a replacement.

Any barbed comments directed towards me, will be met with sarcasm and the contempt they deserve. This IS a forum after all, and I have the right to defend myself if a personal comment is made.

I do hope that the OP remedies his problem. I have never had this problem with any WP device I have owned, but I do sympathise!!! It's not nice to have a device which doesn't function correctly, and it does take it out of you if you can't fix the problem.
Good luck to the OP, I hope it all works out for you. It would be interesting to hear what was causing the problem.

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm wasn't be a *******. I was responding to a barbed comment directed towards me, which had nothing to do with the OPs problem.
I have read numerous comments about severe battery drain, and this is usually down to an app causing the problem.
The same advice applies to the problem.... Hard reset, don't restore from backup, monitor any apps you install to see if one of these is causing the problem. If all this fails, return to the manufacturer for a replacement.

Any barbed comments directed towards me, will be met with sarcasm and the contempt they deserve. This IS a forum after all, and I have the right to defend myself if a personal comment is made.

I do hope that the OP remedies his problem. I have never had this problem with any WP device I have owned, but I do sympathise!!! It's not nice to have a device which doesn't function correctly, and it does take it out of you if you can't fix the problem.
Good luck to the OP, I hope it all works out for you. It would be interesting to hear what was causing the problem.

Sorry bro. Thanks for clarifying.

Sent from Seattle

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I was one of the luckiest guys that didn't experienced any battery issue or drain. Since two days ago that I had to factory reset phone last like 6 hours, I'm now with same configuration as before and same apps.
Any ideas what may be the cause?

Last edited:

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm really hating to do all this for my 920- I'm going on a trip and guess what? The 920 is staying home and using my Android LG Optimus Pro G with Kitkat. the 920 will be a useless brick after two hours. When I come back then I'll have time to fiddle with all this crap. Also I have found much better travel apps at the Google Playstore than the abyss that is called WP app store. Sorry for sounding so harsh, I really do like the L920 and UI when it was on 8.0 and getting 24hrs of battery life.

Expression2

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you are on WP 8.1 you can check the battery sense for power drain, foreground and background. For me, somehow Internet Explorer takes up power in the background, I have no idea why.

soumyaRM

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
If you are on WP 8.1 you can check the battery sense for power drain, foreground and background. For me, somehow Internet Explorer takes up power in the background, I have no idea why.

what was ur previous os version?? mine currently the os version is 8.10.12393.890.

sayedqd

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I was actually really lucky to download the actual Lumia Cyan update as soon as it released for my Nokia Lumia 925, but while I was using the preview it drained my battery really fast and I noticed that 6tag and Internet Explorer had drained the most of my charge, what I had done was that I soft reset my phone and charged it for 6 hours without using it and that solved my problem with it but had slowed my phone charging speed down.

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I was actually really lucky to download the actual Lumia Cyan update as soon as it released for my Nokia Lumia 925, but while I was using the preview it drained my battery really fast and I noticed that 6tag and Internet Explorer had drained the most of my charge, what I had done was that I soft reset my phone and charged it for 6 hours without using it and that solved my problem with it but had slowed my phone charging speed down.

What's exactly soft rest? Reboot?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs