Microsoft is missing something here with Skype

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
actually guys you can attach documents as far as i know
you have to save it to storage(phone or sd card doesnt matter) and use the files app(file manager) to attach it

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
actually guys you can attach documents as far as i know
you have to save it to storage(phone or sd card doesnt matter) and use the files app(file manager) to attach it

But can't send if are on conversation... Just new emails

This. In most business scenarios - you don't create new emails. You email attachments to the same thread of conversation that is on-going to keep it traceable for yourself as well as for others involved. With WP, in order to send someone a document or a set of documents - you have to create either a new email or dump those scattered files into a folder and share the link to folder on Onedrive. - not ideal.

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
This. In most business scenarios - you don't create new emails. You email attachments to the same thread of conversation that is on-going to keep it traceable for yourself as well as for others involved. With WP, in order to send someone a document or a set of documents - you have to create either a new email or dump those scattered files into a folder and share the link to folder on Onedrive. - not ideal.

I want just a file picker on email.
Or, when share the file 📁, I can put the attachment on a existing conversation...

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

I agree. I cannot understand how WP can be advertised as an enterprise ready device without this (very basic) capability.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
At least they're pushing forward with it. Microsoft has left Skype sitting for a very long time.

google isnt pushing forward as such for the users interest, they are interested in our data
microsoft leaving skype sitting for a very long time is quite true though, the wp version is very poorly made

viper1986

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I hate the white background of skype. they ought to provide associate degree choice to user to modify between dark/light mode.

anon(8139511)

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Skype for Windows Phone not show notification number in live tile when people in a group chat is send message. It show only notification number when 1 vs 1 chat

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing that file sharing in Skype is not there yet because it's not possible. You can't attach a file to an existing email due to OS limitation.

Why can other messenger apps like WhatsApp or Hike do it then, if it is a limitation?

ortizang

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
It?s annoying to see that skype is much better in adroid and ios than in windows phone. Great job Microsft, that?s the way to go!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
It would have been better if MS would have integrated Skype like Facetime in IOS...in the dialer itseld and not as a separate app. one can turn it off/on via a toggle in settings, no more resuming screens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99