What Do You Like About Windows Phone Besides The Camera?

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I don't own a Windows Phone yet but planning to and I'm just curious and have a question...

Put the ******-ism aside what made you favor Windows Phone over the others? I don't want answers like because I got tired of Android or Apple. What makes Windows Phones amazing besides the camera?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
An OS made by a genuinely innovative technology company rather than an advertising company (Google) or a marketing company (Apple).

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What made me choose Windows Phone over Android and iOS when I ditched my HD2 3.5 years ago was the fact, that it looked and felt entirely different from everything else available at that time. And it still does. I liked the clean design, the idea of live tiles and especially the consistency of how things work.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Customisability without the over-customisability and the uniformness - it's customisable *enough* so that it doesn't affect system performance yet also allows for A LOT of personalisation. It's also fast and fluid - my friend has a Lumia 800 that is still going strong (so WP devices stay usable after 3 years) and I was pretty tempted by the future of one app running across three different "screens" (i.e. universal Windows kernel)

farhadtarapore

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I like the fact that the updates will be from the manufacturer itself. If you consider Android flagships, they are either from LG or Samsung which bundle their bloatware along with the devices. There are Google Play editions, sure, but not for India and most of us end up rooting the devices thereby voiding the warranty or bricking an expensive phone.

Apple's hardware does not impress me much. Windows Phone has the best of both worlds - a solid device with updates guaranteed by the manufacturer.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I actually don't know. I used to use my Nokia E63 back in the days and it felt cluttered. I used to use my friend's Android (it was something from HTC) and have used iOS on my aunt's iPad. Needless to say, I was tired of damn icons.

Hence when my father wanted to get me a phone, I just at the opportunity to try WP8 on my Lumia 720

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Glance, double tap to wake, no lag whatsoever, dedicated camera shutter button, something different.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I like:

- Ability to see data usage and set limits
- UI "Style"
- Frequency of updates (apps+OS)
- Usability

A negative for me is battery life (but the Lumia 820 is not known for good battery life). All above based on WP8.1 DP.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Start screen. Live tiles of WhatsApp & pinned contacts from WhatsApp. Mostly anything that is related to WhatsApp. Notifications on glance screen, lock screen, on tiles. As long as I know Android and iOS doesn't have anything of that and that's why I wont move to any other platform))

richard_rsp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Live tiles, decent battery life, interface is smooth, driving mode is great, Microsoft and Developers actually WANT to listen to your ideas, and I like the fact that its unique (I get lots of people asking about it). :)

Man I love google. Bing just doesn't do it for me. Is there an app or toolbar we can DL google for windows phone?

You can choose what search engine it uses for Internet Explorer. I am used to Google, but Bing is growing on me.

Projectphill

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
So I just updated to a 1520 and love it everything about the camera, the OS best part is I am not on my phone as much as I used to be I look at what I need to very quickly and I am done so far everything is really smooth

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro