We have seen and played motion based games in Lumia. For cheap example Temple Run and recently joined Tile Rider.

Yesterday we saw Amazon released the much rumoured dynamic perspective based Fire Phone. SInce we have motion sensors in Lumia phones, why cant developers and also microsoft think about such motion based animations for the UI ( start screen / action centre / cortana and more).

Or does Lumia has to quip specific hardware qualities to possess such features ? Is it possibile for miccrosoft and developers?
    06-19-2014 05:44 AM
    It ought to be possible natively as you suggest from the examples, however, seeing videos of the fire in use actually made me feel a bit seasick! It is likely better if you are looking at it directly, but the videos were not pleasant to watch....

Nick.
    renjith p george likes this.
    06-19-2014 06:27 AM
    Dynamic perspective could be simulated with gyroscope and accelerometer, but it wouldn't be as accurate as having infrared cameras for depth and POV guidance.

It is possible to an extent. It's like how Nokia Refocus uses different approach in simulating depth of field than HTC M8 which uses hardware.

The only reason I could think of for WP not having motion based UI, is because phones are always in motion (as everything else in the universe), like they are portable and movable, so by having that motion-based UI, it would be Apple parallax motion sickness effect all over again. But if you mean different such as flick gestures for the UI (eg. shake to shuffle), then they could add it.
    renjith p george and xandros9 like this.
    06-19-2014 06:38 AM
    Shake to refresh option is available in Facebook app created by Microsoft and in many other applications as well. But, couldn't find anything within the OS build. For example, scrolling and stop function of a text page can be easily added. Something can be done to the action centre. Or devs can add more such functionalities.
    06-19-2014 02:04 PM
    Shake to refresh option is available in Facebook app created by Microsoft and in many other applications as well. But, couldn't find anything within the OS build. For example, scrolling and stop function of a text page can be easily added. Something can be done to the action centre. Or devs can add more such functionalities.
    Wish I had a shake to refresh feature, coffee doesn't even work for me any more.....
    mpt15 and ratsttam like this.
    06-20-2014 12:17 PM
    MS will be bringing the 3d gestures from Kinect to a future phone... Patience is the key!!!! They have all this in hand....
    06-22-2014 10:43 AM