Would You Like Semi-Transparent Live Tiles?

anon(5344611)

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
On the recent article suggesting developers to give the option for transparent Live Tiles, Clemeleon suggested that developers should also offer an option for semi-transparent Live Tiles, so you have the unique color of the app, but can also see through it.

Would you personally use the option instead of transparent and opaque Live Tiles? I feel it kind of detracts from the look and feel of Windows Phone, although it doesn't look bad. A picture to show the difference:

OrAMXaA.jpg

What do you guys think?

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
we already have semi transparent tiles. in fact just tap and hold any tile on screen, when it pops out, you'll notice that previously opaque tiles suddenly turn semi transparent. I'm disappointed that WP has this capability yet doesn't expose it to users.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
This is my take on it:

tiles 2.0.png

It's very doable. The best results are to have the tile color slightly translucent (75%) and the icon and text opaque.

Start Screen example:

start 2.0.png

Personally I like a mixture of solid color and transparent tiles for my start screen but having a translucent option would lead to some interesting effects. It's also a much better option than just having all transparent tiles which IMO looks boring and lifeless.

Jam8240

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Very cool idea. This would be good for live tiles in areas of the background photo that are too white to easily see the content of the live tile

avigyan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I would love this! In fact yesterday I saw a concept for WP8.2 or something in WPC forums and the guy had demonstrated how it would look. To be honest, it looked brilliant imo. However, MS could always incorporate its own unique touch to this idea and implement it as an option at least. The wallpapers gets boring at times. Having more option is always great. After all, that's one thing 'people' like about Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss