I know we have the ability to block phone numbers but I've not been able to find any way, app or otherwise to block private numbers. I've been getting a rash of these calls lately, telemarketers/ex-wives. Certainly annoying. When I was on android there was a simple call blocking app that worked perfectly. I was able to send those calls to vm or just drop them. Never having to deal with them and it kept a log. Every call blocking discussion I've seen in my search only talks about blocking numbers or sms. Never a mention of private numbers, so I'm going to go out on a limb here assuming its not possible on WP?
    I've developed a short list of apps that continues to grow that I used to have on android that I could certainly use here. Still not enough to send me back there, but there is a tipping point somewhere down the line.
    Any info appreciated. TIA!
    06-22-2014 11:36 AM
    I know we have the ability to block phone numbers but I've not been able to find any way, app or otherwise to block private numbers. I've been getting a rash of these calls lately, telemarketers/ex-wives. Certainly annoying. When I was on android there was a simple call blocking app that worked perfectly. I was able to send those calls to vm or just drop them. Never having to deal with them and it kept a log. Every call blocking discussion I've seen in my search only talks about blocking numbers or sms. Never a mention of private numbers, so I'm going to go out on a limb here assuming its not possible on WP?
    I've developed a short list of apps that continues to grow that I used to have on android that I could certainly use here. Still not enough to send me back there, but there is a tipping point somewhere down the line.
    Any info appreciated. TIA!
    Advanced section in "Call+SMS Filter" has an option labelled "Block withheld numbers".
    cbreze likes this.
    06-22-2014 12:03 PM
    Thanks, I looked thru that app and did not see that. I will recheck it.
    06-22-2014 12:31 PM
    Any resolution? I ask because I just got a notification that my 928 had blocked a call, then 30 seconds later, I get a notification for a voice message. If I blocked it, how were they able to leave a voice message? I don't want them to be able to do that. I want thr call dropped. I have not seen a setting, I just thought that was how it worked. Am I mistaken? Will this be updated in 8.1?

Thanks.
    07-07-2014 04:02 PM
    That's because when you "ignore" a call it's automatically transfer to voice mail.
    It's GSM's features not related with WP or the application.
    07-07-2014 04:09 PM
    And this is why we need a full featured 3rd party if necessary app to give us options. I'd prefer also to just drop certain calls. They go to vm and the caller who I obviously don't want to deal with will just call back after leaving some lengthy desperate message. (some of us have lots of ex's) One of the few apps I miss from another os, awesome call screening!
    07-07-2014 04:19 PM
    Ok, but hear me out. The Service, or built in App if you will, is called call+SMS filter, with a setting to toggle Block calls+SMS On/Off. I am NOT using the service from Verizon, I am using what is already built into the phone's OS. Does it not work as the toggle suggests? I thought since it states Block call, it would do just that. If I want to ignore and send to voicemail, I would put my phone on silent.

Maybe I just thought it does something it really doesn't do. If that is true, maybe MS should change the name to Call Ignore.
    07-07-2014 04:23 PM
    <can not delete via WPC app>
    07-07-2014 04:31 PM