07-09-2014 01:38 PM
38 12
tools
    For me it is actually the other way around: My tiles kind of make the notification center somehow obsolete.
    I can get more detailed info from the tiles in terms of calendar, my mail accounts as well as texts for example. The center only shows a basic notification. In addition my tiles are always there on the top of the home screen, no need to swipe the center down.

The only times I use the notification center for its actual purpose is when I am busy inside another app, get a notification of any kind and want to check it. But this happens rarely.

So after all for my use the magical center is nothing more than a place for setting shortcuts.
    07-05-2014 05:38 AM
    I wouldn't say so.. the two actually go hand in hand.
    psudotechzealot likes this.
    07-05-2014 05:43 AM
    ok, people getting it WRONG BADLY, tile not only show notification, they also show lots of things, notification center wont ruin what tiles meant to be
    eg: people hub - it show all your picture of your contact list
    picture hub - show all pictures that you have
    facebook - show picture, latest update of your facebook account
    the weather channel - show weathers, temperature, wind speed and more
    calender app and simple calender - show the date and event that are about to coming
    and more...
    07-05-2014 05:52 AM
    Just like others have said, they actually complement each other. In fact, I'll tell you something that I feel supports this statement: the combo of the lock screen + glance and the live tiles.

The lock screen is capable of displaying more information than a single live tile can hope to share, but watch the live tiles multiply and lock screen quickly becomes a sort of notification system for your live tiles. The fact that the two happily coexist (and the fact that they're connected in many ways) is more than enough reason to enjoy the notification center for what it is.
    07-05-2014 06:22 AM
    Live Tiles are part of WP unique user interface and I don't think it's gonna be obsolete ever as MS is putting efforts behind making Live Tiles interactive.
    07-05-2014 08:16 AM
    Wait, didn't I make this thread? It had a different name though...was it changed?
    07-06-2014 01:36 AM
    Wait, didn't I make this thread? It had a different name though...was it changed?
    It has, apparently.
    I remember "notification center" in the title, so yes, it appears that it changed.
    07-06-2014 03:46 AM
    The thread was merged with another thread debating the same topic. I shortened and adapted the name, hoping it would help posters from both threads find it again.
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    07-06-2014 07:08 AM
    Live tiles are what make the Windows Phone UI unique and notifications aren't the only things live tiles are for, they also give you a glance at the weather or news, etc.
    Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk
    07-06-2014 08:06 AM
    MS made a mistake, if they wanted to force out Live tiles, they should have just kept improving them and NOT implement the so-much-overused-pull-down Action Center.

Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes.
    Because they didn't do what you think they should have done? You didn't explain why you thought that was a mistake. I really am interested in hearing it.
    07-08-2014 10:32 AM
    I would say Action Center won't make live tiles unnecessary. Simply because Action Center requires action, live tiles don't. You only need to glance them.
    07-09-2014 06:00 AM
    Live tiles are identity of windows phone OS. I still use live tiles more than notification centre.
    Sent from Lumia 925 India using tapatalk
    07-09-2014 06:30 AM
    07-09-2014 01:38 PM
38 12