07-31-2014 01:57 PM
404 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    I thought carriers are no more in the picture. If its carrier problem then we wouldn't have got 8.1 so early. Isn't it?

Carriers are the reason the developer preview exists. This "preview" is effectively a way for users to update their phones while Microsoft is still technically complying with whatever arbitrary policy the carriers have on official updates (which is to never release them OTA so they can just sell you new phones with them pre installed).
    CalvinCX likes this.
    07-11-2014 11:14 AM
    DP voids your warranty.. I can't take risk with my 1 month old baby..
    07-11-2014 11:29 AM
    Aldrin... I,just hope you are true...
    Shanmugasundaram T likes this.
    07-11-2014 12:13 PM
    It will be out on July 17. I guess that because 27th week from January started on July 17. This 27th is from evleaks picture
    This week is the week 28... That leaked picture actually shows that the OTA update should start next week in Benelux countries.
    07-11-2014 01:15 PM
    This week is the week 28... That leaked picture actually shows that the OTA update should start next week in Benelux countries.
    I think everywhere will be similar to BeNeLux.
    07-11-2014 01:17 PM
    Still no 8.1 in UK, any news??
    07-11-2014 03:37 PM
    Vanilla 8.1 (sans carrier) will be out in the UK before the end of August.

Sources: Can't reveal, so don't ask!
    Gareth Barker likes this.
    07-11-2014 03:44 PM
    Thank you :)
    07-11-2014 03:50 PM
    07-11-2014 07:13 PM
    My only rebuttal would be why is there a concern of voiding the warrantees?
    07-11-2014 07:56 PM
    Its not just up to MSFT. The carriers have to accept the update. I know despite having a 1520, the fact the I'm on AT&T tells me I will be one of the last to get it. That's how it was for Amber and Black.
    Here in India updates are independent of carriers. We get it directly from Nokia/MS. Still it hasn't been rolled out here. So yes MS is to blame for having keeping their customers wait even though everything is ready.

I too mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I believe they are waiting for more WP8.1 to get sold out to meet their sales target post which they will give us the update.
    Brokn Wing likes this.
    07-11-2014 09:33 PM
    It seriously is getting frustrating.
    07-11-2014 10:40 PM
    Indeed...frustrated... Already trying to sell off my 1520.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    WP8fan likes this.
    07-12-2014 12:00 AM
    Its not just up to MSFT. The carriers have to accept the update. I know despite having a 1520, the fact the I'm on AT&T tells me I will be one of the last to get it. That's how it was for Amber and Black.
    Carriers, carriers, are dead weight, old dinosaurs. Remember that iPhone started updates and still do it regardless of what carrier's want and it worked. Apple took the market. Good OS with fast and free evolution.
    07-12-2014 12:36 AM
    Carriers, carriers, are dead weight, old dinosaurs. Remember that iPhone started updates and still do it regardless of what carrier's want and it worked. Apple took the market. Good OS with fast and free evolution.
    Android phones receive almost no updates and have a bigger share.
    07-12-2014 04:16 AM
    For those that are thinking of ditching WP because you have been waiting for 3 weeks for the update and not got it yet, don't go Android, you will not have the patience to wait for updates there, it could be over a year that's if you even see any updates

We all need patience
    WP8fan likes this.
    07-12-2014 05:52 AM
    I'm looking forward to the update but I can wait. Because I know it will be nice for a little while and then it will be ok what next?

But hopefully it's soon. ;)
    07-12-2014 06:11 AM
    Android phones receive almost no updates and have a bigger share.
    Good point. Outside of enthusiasts like us, I don't think updates matter. High end Androids do get updates, but they're usually months after Google releases them.

That said, I think that updates for WP are more important than for iOS & Android because of the ground they need to make up. When there are updates to iOS & Android, it's usually bug fixes, a little eye candy, and maybe a couple new features. They're both already at the front of the technological advancement to date. Any feature added is often something new to the industry, not features that have been around for awhile in other platforms. WP, because they're coming from behind, need these "old" features added; hence the all-important updates.
    Soumya Patra and WP8fan like this.
    07-12-2014 07:22 AM
    Four days have left for the release of cyan update in India as per Microsoft tweet and I don't see that happening soon. This is unfair treatment towards us as we are the one of the largest market for WP. Microsoft are you listening??? We are dying of waiting...
    The original quote was 'should be rolling out in India during the first 2 weeks of July'.

Nowhere does it say that this will definitely start being OTA'ed to users in India. I would install the 8.1 DP and enjoy that until the official Cyan update shows up.
    Be patient, I suspect it will start to happen towards the end of July for almost everyone....
    07-12-2014 07:32 AM
    The original quote was 'should be rolling out in India during the first 2 weeks of July'.

Nowhere does it say that this will definitely start being OTA'ed to users in India. I would install the 8.1 DP and enjoy that until the official Cyan update shows up.
    Be patient, I suspect it will start to happen towards the end of July for almost everyone....
    The tweet was "first weeks of July", there was no 2.
    07-12-2014 07:39 AM
    Maybe mods should merge all these thread into one?...

Also they are still in the transition phase in regards to the d & s acquisition, hence most likely the reason for the pilot.
    07-12-2014 09:14 AM
    Microsoft have scored a serious own goal with the whole 8.1 rollout.
    This comes after they've announced 8.1.1 aswell?
    The whole thing is a shambles and smacks of serious problems that they won't admit too, yet!
    Why random countries, random handsets if all is not well and WHY THE hell go public with 'Windows phone 8.1 coming soon' if it isn't?
    Unless of course it's a marketing ploy to p1ss current WP8 users off so they go out and buy into the new 8.1 handsets or am I just being cynical?
    there is a reason why Microsoft came up with preview for developers. people who can't wait can get the update easily without waiting. now firmware is totally a diff thing. Blame your OEM for that.
    07-12-2014 09:20 AM
    there is a reason why Microsoft came up with preview for developers. people who can't wait can get the update easily without waiting. now firmware is totally a diff thing. Blame your OEM for that.
    Whom to blame if you have lumia?
    07-12-2014 09:30 AM
    Well. I agree MS is making us wait a bit longer than we expected. But at least the update will be available for all smartphones running Windows phone 8. That's a much better case than android where most handsets never receive any updates at all. It'll be worth the wait, though I wish MS releases it sooner than later.
    IT87, murderman and prasath1234 like this.
    07-12-2014 09:45 AM
    Hey 🙋 guys may be WP want to release a buggless update for us .so lets wait BTW am on WP 8.1 dp so only Lumia cyn to get which is more to do with pureview devices which my Lumia 820 is not.so am ready to wait for buggless WP 8.1.
    07-12-2014 09:52 AM
404 ... 1112131415 ...