When will official 8.1/Cyan update be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Zrv

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Conversation with Nokia Care in Greece about 8.1

I called on Friday the local Nokia Care store (Greece) and we had this conversation:

-I all ready know that the 8.1 DP will not get my phone (925) out of the warranty. Can you confirm that info?
-Yes, if you download the DP you still have your warranty.
-Thanks, I'll install it then...
-NO, you dont have to do that!!! Just wait few more day. The official update will roll out on Tuesday or Wednesday as they said.
"As they said" ?
I dont know if that info is true, but this is what he told me!
I hope its true coz i cant wait any more :p

Have a nice day!

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Conversation with Nokia Care in Greece about 8.1

purchase history in windowsphone.com is not opening, might be start of rolling wp8.1 update in india as first two weeks of july

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Lumia Cyan Update in India (Not now)

purchase history in windowsphone.com is not opening, might be start of rolling wp8.1 update in India as Microsoft India said it would complete in first two weeks of July.
Moreover New Lumia Black Update for Windows Phone 8 - Nokia Lumia Cyan features available on Nokia site, not availability
So may be today midnight wp8.1 OTA with Lumia cyan can be rolled out with bigger phones then to smaller ones in upcoming weeks.
finger crossed hoping for BANGG

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia Cyan Update in India (Not now)

That page has existed in that form since at least the 24th, when the 8.1 support lifecycle started.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is cyan available for 625 ??. If so when will be the update ?

It will be, it rolls out on a phone-by-phone basis in each region.

We don't know for sure, its just starting to come out for specific models in specific countries, so keep waiting... Not that we have a choice.

th3l3g3nd

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
methinks Australian owners of the Lumia 1520 are gonna be sitting around waiting for WP8.1 and Cyan for the forseeable future.

Given that the handset was only sold by Harvey Norman (retailer) officially, the telcos can test the Cyan update on as many handsets as they like, but we'll be stuck until Microsoft opens it up to Factory Unlocked phones.

On another note, if Cortana goes live for the UK soon, they should do it for Australia at the same time, seeing as we (generally) speak the same version of English.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
methinks Australian owners of the Lumia 1520 are gonna be sitting around waiting for WP8.1 and Cyan for the forseeable future.

Given that the handset was only sold by Harvey Norman (retailer) officially, the telcos can test the Cyan update on as many handsets as they like, but we'll be stuck until Microsoft opens it up to Factory Unlocked phones.

On another note, if Cortana goes live for the UK soon, they should do it for Australia at the same time, seeing as we (generally) speak the same version of English.

so your 1520 is unbranded and bought independent of a carrier? Lucky you, you're bound to receive it earlier than your carrier-bound brethren elsewhere.
However I can't say for sure since the rollout doesn't seem to follow much of a pattern.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
so your 1520 is unbranded and bought independent of a carrier? Lucky you, you're bound to receive it earlier than your carrier-bound brethren elsewhere.
However I can't say for sure since the rollout doesn't seem to follow much of a pattern.

Firing blind with a machinegun on autofire seems the best analogy... random regions and random handsets.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
If your on a U.S. carrier dont hold your breath for anytime soon because they need to cram there crap in and test it. I'd say Q4 for AT&T at the earliest knowing there track record.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
If your on a U.S. carrier dont hold your breath for anytime soon because they need to cram there crap in and test it. I'd say Q4 for AT&T at the earliest knowing there track record.

Not true...their crap is already in there and upgrading to 8.1 and/or Cyan will not change the crap apps they already have on there. If anything, my phone will simply download their apps again so I can delete them...again...

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Today I received an email, MS saying they are rolling out wp 8.1 globally & track down available date for your device using carrier/manufacturer website :cool::cool:

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140702_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140702_0001.png
    691.3 KB · Views: 53

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Not true...their crap is already in there and upgrading to 8.1 and/or Cyan will not change the crap apps they already have on there. If anything, my phone will simply download their apps again so I can delete them...again...

plus AT&T announced they'll be the first carrier to release it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)