When will official 8.1/Cyan update be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toshin

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Official Update For Windows Phone 8.1

Also waiting.

I assume everyone on the dev update is having the problem of hotmail not loading when your browser is -not- set to mobile view?

Its absolutely infuriating having to constantly toggle that just to access hotmail.
How can they have missed this?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
[INFO]Temporarily sticking this thread for all questions, comments, guesses, rumors about the official release of 8.1[/INFO]​

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Its absolutely infuriating having to constantly toggle that just to access hotmail.
How can they have missed this?
Or just set it up as a mail account in the mail app.
And that may be a site issue rather than an 8.1 one.

Toshin

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

Its not the site, as this only started right after the update. You can see it eventually starts to try and load the mobile site automatically (when in desktop mode) but still errors out.
And yes i'm aware I could do this. But I don't want all my mail accounts for everything setup this way.

Its the same as when people suggest 'use the app' for everything. Do I really need a bank app when I can do everything from the browser?

Adirocks

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Dates for 8.1
5yhe3e3e

We hav to wait full more month to get it on all wp devices

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
If you bothered to read the article that was posted in, you would have seen that those dates are for the Benelux region only.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
WP 8.1 is basically done and dusted. Waiting for firmware and GDR1 now. Possibly Lumia Deranged pretty flower which will be changed to Lumia Daffodil

anon5878284

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 roll out HAS begun, I believe

Hello everyone

I have evidence that suggests the roll out has begun. Check out the Windows Phone Update History page: Windows Phone 8 update
history | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

This page did not have Windows Phone 8.1 until yesterday and now it does. Past experience tells me this happens when the roll out has begun. For example, the GDR3 Preview for Developers was released somewhere around November but this page did not have "Update 3" back then. It was added to it somewhere around November 12, if memory serves me correctly, and within a day my HTC Windows Phone 8S received an OFFICIAL update to GDR3 with the HTC part as well.

My understanding is that the date the roll-out begins, Microsoft publishes info on the update on this page. OEMs and carriers have blocked the update. When OEMs have finished their firmware, and carriers their testing, it is released to devices as they desire (Nokia has a habit of releasing them over a long period of time, at different dates for different phones, in different countries, mainly because of the large amount of extra stuff in their firmware).

Some Lumia 630s have already received the update to the official version without Preview for Developers. My sister's phone is one of them. And I'm from India - this phone wasn't bought in Finland if you're thinking. India. Indian firmware. Made in China. (Not too happy about the last bit, lol) This indeed means that the roll-out has BEGUN, of course, not all devices receive it in a go, but the process has started. (The great WP7 times when everyone got the huge Mango 7.5 update - which trust me, was as large in features as, if not larger than 8.1 is, in just a day or two. All carriers, all phones, all OEMs)

Have a good day, people. :smile:

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 8.1 roll out HAS begun, I believe

Hello everyone

I have evidence that suggests the roll out has begun. Check out the Windows Phone Update History page: Windows Phone 8 update
history | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

This page did not have Windows Phone 8.1 until yesterday and now it does. Past experience tells me this happens when the roll out has begun. For example, the GDR3 Preview for Developers was released somewhere around November but this page did not have "Update 3" back then. It was added to it somewhere around November 12, if memory serves me correctly, and within a day my HTC Windows Phone 8S received an OFFICIAL update to GDR3 with the HTC part as well.

My understanding is that the date the roll-out begins, Microsoft publishes info on the update on this page. OEMs and carriers have blocked the update. When OEMs have finished their firmware, and carriers their testing, it is released to devices as they desire (Nokia has a habit of releasing them over a long period of time, at different dates for different phones, in different countries, mainly because of the large amount of extra stuff in their firmware).

Some Lumia 630s have already received the update to the official version without Preview for Developers. My sister's phone is one of them. And I'm from India - this phone wasn't bought in Finland if you're thinking. India. Indian firmware. Made in China. (Not too happy about the last bit, lol) This indeed means that the roll-out has BEGUN, of course, not all devices receive it in a go, but the process has started. (The great WP7 times when everyone got the huge Mango 7.5 update - which trust me, was as large in features as, if not larger than 8.1 is, in just a day or two. All carriers, all phones, all OEMs)

Have a good day, people. :smile:

Aaaah yes, windows 7.5 those were the days. I still fire up my old lumia 800 every now and then just to see if anything's changed. Sadly, I don't think WP7 has had an update in well over a year. Bring on 8.1 :)

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 8.1 roll out HAS begun, I believe

en-GB version of the page appears to be missing a build: OS version: 8.10.12359.845 or 8.10.12382.878

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99