When will official 8.1/Cyan update be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't see any nee features coming to pre 1520 phones.
A few firmware updates perhaps.
So cyan is pretty useless for me.
I use a 925 btw.
When I was about to buy a new phone, I was in a dilema what to buy - a L1020 (for it's camera, as I'm a camera junkie) or L1520 (for everything else). I took the later, and just a few days ago I realise how much of a mistake I almost made.
Even now you can see how much are the lower phones nearly left behind. Yes all phones will get 8.1 and Cyan, probably even a little more, but most features are exclusive to better phones, and with a L1520 I (will) have all of them.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
When I was about to buy a new phone, I was in a dilema what to buy - a L1020 (for it's camera, as I'm a camera junkie) or L1520 (for everything else). I took the later, and just a few days ago I realise how much of a mistake I almost made.
Even now you can see how much are the lower phones nearly left behind. Yes all phones will get 8.1 and Cyan, probably even a little more, but most features are exclusive to better phones, and with a L1520 I (will) have all of them.

I was originally going to upgrade my 620 to a 1320 in a couple of months but on looking at the specs of the 1520 I thought I may as well go with that instead as I won't need to upgrade again for quite a while.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

Of course you will get more benefits for a more expensive phone, first of all, because of newer hardware.
The only pro of 1020 is camera MODULE, in any other sense it's pretty old already (including hardware, screen size, battery pretty good though).

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a 1020 on one line, and a ready upgrade on another line.. I'm gonna wait it out till the fall when the new "McLaren" phones are supposedly coming out. The 1020 is plenty to keep me happy until then..

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a 1020 on one line, and a ready upgrade on another line.. I'm gonna wait it out till the fall when the new "McLaren" phones are supposedly coming out. The 1020 is plenty to keep me happy until then..

I'm very curious about this monster as well :) But, if the leaks are correct, I might consider the Cityman phablet.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Be patient. They are making sure that everything is working correctly. If they don't then the backlash would be huge. Look at all the whining that happened as a result of the recent Calender app not working....
Relax, it will come over the next few weeks.
It's only a phone FFS... Go about your business and the time will fly by...

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
i am very very tired waiting for lumia cyan update. i've lost any hope. what microsoft and nokia are doing? i wonder if they care for us?
You've waited this long it wont be that much longer. It's already started rolling out those of us on ATT are probably going to have to wait the longest (that's me) Just have some patience (not my long suit either)but its coming.

Bill Zrv

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
It would be perfect if someone, was able to tell us the release day (+- 3 days). I know by the end of this month everyone will have the update but, some people (including me) start to get a bit crazy :p

dcbakkk

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It would be perfect if someone, was able to tell us the release day (+- 3 days). I know by the end of this month everyone will have the update but, some people (including me) start to get a bit crazy :p
That's Really? I'm thinking why they let us to wait the update so long time!

vincelac

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Put the developer program release on the 8X. It works beautifully.

I noticed my battery drained much faster on my 8x when I put the preview on it. It was when it was first released and since switched to a 920 on 8.0. I haven't really touched or updated the 8x since the initial 8.1 preview was released. Cortana also started acting wonky after the first week or so. Has it improved at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo