When will official 8.1/Cyan update be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
When will Verizon push out WP8.1?

I'm a huge WP proponent and convinced all 6 of my other family members to ditch Android and come one board. Although I won't be upgrading to WP 8.1 (because WP 8 is super great), many of them are very eager to get the update and are getting frustrated that it's "been out for months" but they can't get it yet on Verizon. Does anyone know when Verizon should push it out? I assume all their Windows Phones should get it--822, 928, Icon, in particular, but also curious about the Samsung Ativ Oddysey because 1 rogue family member is on a smaller network carrier (U.S. Cellular) and when I asked them about it they said it's up to the OEM (here, Samsung). So I assume when Samsung approves WP 8.1 on Verizon it would maybe happen for U.S. Cellular too? Also, why did U.S. Cellular say it's up to the OEMs? If so and if Verizon is similar, what is "Nokia" waiting for?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: When will Verizon push out WP8.1?

Let's see, we are talking about Verizon releasing an update for Windows Phone? Hmmmm. I know, Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: When will Verizon push out WP8.1?

I hate to break it to you but first the OEM has to approve the update, them the carrier and then it gets pushed out to you.

So, to answer your question, it will be rolled out when Verizon is ready to roll it out!!!

nmsv

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
3.5 months have passed since it was announced and since MS now owns Nokia couldn't they reduce that time frame to 2 months (tops) and have the software already? I love my L925 but it's this way MS wants to compete with Google/Apple?

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
3.5 months have passed since it was announced and since MS now owns Nokia couldn't they reduce that time frame to 2 months (tops) and have the software already? I love my L925 but it's this way MS wants to compete with Google/Apple?

Sadly, that kind of planning doesn't happen over night. However, there GDR 1 update could be relatively faster than this round.

Pradeep Kalburgi

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
WP 8.1 update India

Four days have left for the release of cyan update in India as per Microsoft tweet and I don't see that happening soon. This is unfair treatment towards us as we are the one of the largest market for WP. Microsoft are you listening??? We are dying of waiting...

Musaib124

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: WP 8.1 update India

Lol come to Pakistan and see here .. Every one thinks his country as largest market share holder but in reality they don't give a ****

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Cry me a river will ya? I probably won't see Cyan for another couple of months and I'm in the UK. Stop whining and just wait. That is the WP mantra after all.

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site

Microsoft have scored a serious own goal with the whole 8.1 rollout.
This comes after they've announced 8.1.1 aswell?
The whole thing is a shambles and smacks of serious problems that they won't admit too, yet!
Why random countries, random handsets if all is not well and WHY THE hell go public with 'Windows phone 8.1 coming soon' if it isn't?
Unless of course it's a marketing ploy to p1ss current WP8 users off so they go out and buy into the new 8.1 handsets or am I just being cynical?

itzkavin

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site

I would say, rather a marketing ploy, MS has announced it a bit early than they should have been. There is absolutely no wrong in the current pilot testing program of releasing to a fewer handsets first and check if everything is proper rather than releasing it all at once, clogging up their servers also.

Even the announcement, yes, they had go for it. They need to launch new phones - they need to tell the world about cortana. Still they could have waited a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans