Clock Hub Probs

MadDogFL62

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
For a week or so, I had grown disappointed with the DP version of 8.1. For some reason, I had to soft re-boot my ICON every morning as it would freeze with no updates to email, messaging, notification center, etc.

Using a Preview Version... well, that was the chance I took. Maybe just a defect that would be fixed with the next update?

Then, after reading some posts on the developer sites, I found frequent references to Clock Hub and the problems it was creating on DP 8.1. Last night, I took a look at the Clock Hub site and found identical concerns under their ratings section. "Phone is frozen every morning, have to soft re-boot my device, notification center not updated for several hours, no mail updates, etc."

So last night, I uninstalled Clock Hub. I let my phone charge all night as it usually does. This morning when I went to check my phone; everything was working as it should. Mail had updates, messaging was working and the notification center was receiving updates from mail, MLB, etc. BINGO - I had found my problem.

Now that I think back, WPC posted about Clock Hub just about the same time DP 8.1 updates were hitting my phone. I am pretty sure that I loaded Clock Hub after my first download of DP 8.1 as Clock Hub promoted a transparent time tile designed to specifically work with 8.1. It seemed like a cool APP as it had a nice time display and - for awhile there - gave me weather temps. And it was a transparent tile. HOWEVER, it seems that "cool" was doing more harm than good. No more Clock Hub on my ICON and the search continues for a transparent clock that includes a clean and professional look.

Of course, if my ICON had GLANCE - I wouldn't need to look at a clock tile so frequently. :eck:

Connor Price

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I had to remove clock hub on my Lumia 820 due to constant lock ups and freezes. The strange thing is though, I had no issue with clock hub and WP8.1 until the latest update. The previous two versions of WP8.1 worked fine with clock hub. If you're looking for an alternative, I recommend TimeMe. I've been using it for the last few weeks with no problems at all, and is more reliable than clock hub.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
echo previous poster - TimeMe is working very well on my Lumia 1520 w the latest version of WP 8.1 Dev Preview, appears to be (almost) ready for prime time.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Then there are some of us that have no problems with it at all. Used to where tile wouldn't work but now works a treat, but since problems I have done a hard reset because my video app didn't work but great app but then still wish my htc hub still worked

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Have the same problems. Didn't know it was actually the app that fcks things up. Thanks for the info.
Any replacements, since that tile is just gorgeous?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans