Can't Live without Wp 8.1 Features but Hate Battery Life of WP 8.1 DP What to do???

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
It's still just the OS, the firmware needs to be updated, too. Just wait for Cyan! :) Maybe it fixes the battery life or at least makes it better!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you done the normal troubleshooting spiel? From a hard reset to updating to the latest release? Disabling some unnecessary features?
Also battery life will suck the first few days

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Battery Sucks I know it need Firmware but its like 2 Hour battery life on My 920

Did you hard reset it after updating to 8.1? Try that, it helps with the battery a bit. 2hr battery may also be hardware issue, that's too low, I'd understand if you got 2 hours less then on WP8, but only 2hrs... that's fishy. And yes, wait another month for Cyan, there's nothing more to say really. Except get a new phone.

BilalSoomro17

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I did hard reset and everything. And I don't think I will get cyan update even after a month I am in Saudi Arabia and my phone is Mobily phone so even when update available in Saudi Arabia it still takes 1 week to Get on my Phone because my carrier(Mobily) Have to check first. So It's a pain to be honest

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
You absolutely sure you are doing a hard reset?

Reset my Windows
Phone | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

The recommended process:

1. Hard reset
2. Install developer preview app
3. Go through all the updates (possibly multiple)
4. Hard reset again
5. Don't restore from backup

Then test the phone in this state for a bit before loading up apps. I've updated quite a few devices this way and nobody has complained about battery issues so far.

BilalSoomro17

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
You absolutely sure you are doing a hard reset?

Reset my Windows
Phone | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

The recommended process:

1. Hard reset
2. Install developer preview app
3. Go through all the updates (possibly multiple)
4. Hard reset again
5. Don't restore from backup

Then test the phone in this state for a bit before loading up apps. I've updated quite a few devices this way and nobody has complained about battery issues so far.
only Install Developer Preview or enable it?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
So you didn't go back to WP8.0 after suffering 2h battery life? Updating to WP8.1 obviously only works if you aren't already on WP8.1.

If you are now already on WP8.1, and you just did a hard reset, I'd first test the device as it is now, without any extra apps on it (the developer preview app you can ignore for now), and see what battery life you get.

BilalSoomro17

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
So you didn't go back to WP8.0 after suffering 2h battery life? Updating to WP8.1 obviously only works if you aren't already on WP8.1.

If you are now already on WP8.1, and you just did a hard reset, I'd first test the device as it is now, without any extra apps on it (the developer preview app you can ignore for now), and see what battery life you get.
I'll update you

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I haven't installed any app so I think My phone have no Heavy load

There should be no heavy load no matter how many apps you install. If there is, it's a bug in the OS, in an app, or most likely, a combination of both.

Don't install all your apps at once, just a few at a time, so if the problem returns, you can more easily determine the culprit.

Don't restore anything from a backup.

Good luck.

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I keep mine in the charger all day ;(, then carry an extra battery pack when unplugged. That's my undesirable solution until cyan update. If cyan doesn't help then I will be forced to uninstall all apps and only reload ones that have 8.1 update only. Again not desirable and worth the hassle. I have 8.1 DP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo