Is MS planning a event on July 8th to announce the next big thing?

ebin5

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
'The register' has ran an article on the leaked folder support for wp8.1 rumored to be announced in an new update for 8.1. Note that the Twitter account they have credited is mine(@ebin_5 also credited by Tom warren of verge on his article,ooo..so happy). But 'Register' has pointed out about a new event by MS on July 8th,here's the part of the story.They writes," That page is one of a few hints out there that Windows Phone is about to get an update.(referring to the leaked WP 8.1 folder page)
For example, Vulture South is in receipt of an invitation from Microsoft Devices, as the Nokia-derived bits of the company now refer to themselves, to ?take back your life? at an event on July 8th. That invitation promises ?a new experience and a special announcement?.
Such invitations always promise extraordinary revelations but sometimes
deliver not much more than a new feature or two."
Have anyone heard of this event or is it something else? You can read the full article at:Microsoft's Windows Phone 8.1 world conquest plan: folders! • The Register

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for sharing this information!

I didn't read anything about such an event, but AFAIK WP8.1 GDR 1 should be released on 8 July, although I'm not sure about the accuracy of this information.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for sharing this information!

I didn't read anything about such an event, but AFAIK WP8.1 GDR 1 should be released on 8 July, although I'm not sure about the accuracy of this information.

Arent you mixing something? Why should they "release" WP8.1 GDR 1 when not even WP8.1 is really released.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Arent you mixing something? Why should they "release" WP8.1 GDR 1 when not even WP8.1 is really released.

It could be same as with the 8.1 DP. Probably we will get a preview version, I don't find any issues with it. But, as I mentioned, this information could be wrong, although it's very possible.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
We will see. Nevertheless I hope that MS stops teasing any features there are not able to deliver within a few days after announcement.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
It's not even a teaser, it's a simple rumor, that should or should not affect you. You simply choose to believe or not.
I'm very happy that MS are working hard on their platform and these "teases" show that we need to look only forward ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6