'The register' has ran an article on the leaked folder support for wp8.1 rumored to be announced in an new update for 8.1. Note that the Twitter account they have credited is mine(@ebin_5 also credited by Tom warren of verge on his article,ooo..so happy). But 'Register' has pointed out about a new event by MS on July 8th,here's the part of the story.They writes," That page is one of a few hints out there that Windows Phone is about to get an update.(referring to the leaked WP 8.1 folder page)
    For example, Vulture South is in receipt of an invitation from Microsoft Devices, as the Nokia-derived bits of the company now refer to themselves, to take back your life at an event on July 8th. That invitation promises a new experience and a special announcement.
    Such invitations always promise extraordinary revelations but sometimes
    deliver not much more than a new feature or two."
    Have anyone heard of this event or is it something else? You can read the full article at:Microsoft's Windows Phone 8.1 world conquest plan: folders! • The Register
    06-30-2014 05:10 AM
    Thank you for sharing this information!

I didn't read anything about such an event, but AFAIK WP8.1 GDR 1 should be released on 8 July, although I'm not sure about the accuracy of this information.
    06-30-2014 05:31 AM
    July 8th is just over a week away and no invites have been sent, I doubt they'd leave it such short notice
    06-30-2014 05:53 AM
    Thank you for sharing this information!

I didn't read anything about such an event, but AFAIK WP8.1 GDR 1 should be released on 8 July, although I'm not sure about the accuracy of this information.
    Arent you mixing something? Why should they "release" WP8.1 GDR 1 when not even WP8.1 is really released.
    06-30-2014 07:53 AM
    Arent you mixing something? Why should they "release" WP8.1 GDR 1 when not even WP8.1 is really released.
    It could be same as with the 8.1 DP. Probably we will get a preview version, I don't find any issues with it. But, as I mentioned, this information could be wrong, although it's very possible.
    06-30-2014 08:01 AM
    We will see. Nevertheless I hope that MS stops teasing any features there are not able to deliver within a few days after announcement.
    06-30-2014 08:14 AM
    Update 1 has been rumored for release in July with Update 2 in september/October so...
    06-30-2014 08:24 AM
    It's not even a teaser, it's a simple rumor, that should or should not affect you. You simply choose to believe or not.
    I'm very happy that MS are working hard on their platform and these "teases" show that we need to look only forward ;)
    06-30-2014 08:28 AM