How? Windows 8 style background image

Pedro Hicken

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I apologise in advance for making a new thread about something where a thread already exists but I'm quite excited after seeing what ive seen a few days back.

67657-wp_ss_20140529_0002.png

Now I know I may be flamed here because i know this belongs in the backgrounds thread i can not tell you how eager i am to find out how someone has done this.

So..anyone?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You can get the same results using MS photo editor and word, or just simply use photoshop or gimp.. combined with blank tiles :p However if these tiles are live, then that is truly something special :D.

Pedro Hicken

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I tried this method but whenever I apply the background image, the tiles either shrink, expand or are simply out of place from the buttons on the home screen. They simply aren't supposed to be where they are supposed to be if you know what I mean? or have I missed something?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What exactly are you referring to? I may be blind, but I can't seem to see anything special in that screenshot. If you're referring to that "start" and image + name on the very top, there are several apps available that you can use to create something similar.

Pedro Hicken

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Basically I'm just trying to find out how someone was able to create different colours for the buttons rather then a static blue, red, ect or a textured image. I've been trying to replicate this but my buttons made in photoshop are shrunk down to size when applied as a background. So the image never fits the buttons in question.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre