There may have been a WPC article about this and I missed it. If not, I'll share it here...

While trying to find a way to make a live tile for the Bing Vision Lens, I found that there was a 3rd party app that allowed you to do that. Keyword: was. The app has been removed from the WP store.

Searching Bing for an alternative led me to a good blog post over on WMPU and I downloaded QR for Cortana. It's not perfect. It takes you to the page where all your installed lenses are listed and you tap Bing Vision from there. But it's a few steps easier than launching the camera, tapping the hamburger, selecting the Lenses... menu, and tapping Bing Vision.

As long as Dan and the WPC team give us the option of accessing new apps using QR codes, we all want this app.
    07-04-2014 10:34 PM
    What I think that they should do with Bing Vision is integrate it with Cortana. You should be able to open Cortana's live tile and it would be right next to the music icon at the top near the notebook. I think that's a perfect place for it to be!
    Nerdy Woman likes this.
    07-04-2014 10:55 PM