Features - GDR1 (DP 8.1)

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi Friends,
Read an article on WPCentral that GDR1 update for DP-8.1 is about to be rolled out in coming week(s). Do we have any updates on various new features to be included in this update?

Regards,
Ashish

Last edited:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
This shouldn't include new features. Expect some bug fixes and various improvements overall with native folder support , live lock screen (not sure I am guessing here ). Support for newer SoC.

aringavin

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I remember seeing something like that in the official ideas suggestion page (forgot the name) for WP, but I don't think MS ever promised that feature. It would be an awesome one, though! 😊

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
For now, all we have is an "App folder" app that we can download. If this feature was built-in to the phone, we'd call it "native folders" just like our "native camera app" is the one that comes with the phone.. Get it now?

Brokn Wing

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
For now, all we have is an "App folder" app that we can download. If this feature was built-in to the phone, we'd call it "native folders" just like our "native camera app" is the one that comes with the phone.. Get it now?

I got it now Brother. Thanks. What about grouping folders directly from the home screen by dragging them to each other ? I heard MS is working on it.

Brokn Wing

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Yess I don't even feel like using that app.moreover I hope MS will not stop working on Music , Video and Games Hub too. After 8.1 upgrade these apps became worse and useless.

Wp8 lvr

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
they are talking about same thing which are you thinking dude..
native folders on home screen by dragging one app tile over another tile..

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
This shouldn't include new features. Expect some bug fixes and various improvements overall with native folder support , live lock screen (not sure I am guessing here ). Support for newer SoC.

Other GDRs have offered new features or shall I say, things they couldn't get add to the OS update in time.

Never mind GDR1, where is WP8.1? Give me that first then I'll care about GDR1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)