Office lens File Location

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I wanted to try out the Office Lens OCR possibility and took some photos of poster. Now I want to see them in my OneDrive folder but they aren't there. Somehow it should be under OneNote but there is no such folder in my OneDrive folder. Can someone please help?

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the answer. I keep forgetting to subscribe to the threads I post so this is why this reply is late.
I have read the linked documentation and there seems to be no way to determine the file location? So I conclude there is no way to extricate the photos from Office Lens? (Which basically makes the app useless.)
I also checked the OneNote application on my PC (whatever this programme does) but the file I had created on OneNote on the phone, which includes nothing but all the photos I have taken with Office Lens, does not get synced.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the answer. I keep forgetting to subscribe to the threads I post so this is why this reply is late.
I have read the linked documentation and there seems to be no way to determine the file location? So I conclude there is no way to extricate the photos from Office Lens? (Which basically makes the app useless.)
I also checked the OneNote application on my PC (whatever this programme does) but the file I had created on OneNote on the phone, which includes nothing but all the photos I have taken with Office Lens, does not get synced.

When a picture is taken, it typically is immediately tossed into the Camera Roll folder under Pictures in OneDrive, that is, if you have auto-upload enabled. Its bound to be in your phone's camera roll, upload it manually if you must.

OneNote is a syncing note taking app. I suspect the OneNote app on your PC isn't connected to your MS account, and thus won't sync. What version of OneNote are we talking about here on your PC?

you generally want to delete or push to OneNote (if you use it) the scans (there's a limit of 10 at once.)
Since they all showed up in OneNote at once, I suspect you never saved them to OneNote or deleted them. Deleting from Office Lens does not delete from your phones camera roll.

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I don't know how this happened but as of just now the photos taken with office lens do show up under pictures and are in my onedrive folder. I swear this was not the case when I posted. Maybe it had to do with WiFi issues although I have been in several networks. Yet I wonder if there was some kind of Ocr function in office lens or in One note - my original idea?
Thanks for your help so far!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I don't know how this happened but as of just now the photos taken with office lens do show up under pictures and are in my onedrive folder. I swear this was not the case when I posted. Maybe it had to do with WiFi issues although I have been in several networks. Yet I wonder if there was some kind of Ocr function in office lens or in One note - my original idea?
Thanks for your help so far!

Oh good, that makes things a lot easier.

There is no OCR functionality in Office Lense, but there is in OneNote.
If you have desktop OneNote (assuming its the full OneNote either from the website or part of Office 365/2013), I would just add the photo to OneNote, and right click it, referring to that section in my guide.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6