Play To in Windows Phone 8.1?

Kimboo

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody!

I've recently started using the "Play To" feature in Windows 8.1 to play Xbox Music from my Surface to my Xbox One. Very nice feature!

I was wondering though: Howcome I can't do the same things from my Lumia 930? Doesn't WP 8.1 support Play To?
I'd certainly love to be able to do this...

Thanks in advance!

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Not the same thing at all. Windows 8 has it system-wide, so it can be used for nearly any app's content. Windows Phone doesn't have any global support. The WP "Play To" apps only let you use locally stored content.

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
The app Smart Player will let you play from any DLNA Source to any DLNA Player, so you can for example use your phone to play a playlist, or a video, from your PC to your TV.

Kimboo

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the answers!

These are all acceptable workarounds, but I do hope that we get Play To for WP as well in a future update :)

AbstractKiller

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
(Nokia) Play-To (which, I am sure, will soon be renamed) is buggy and doesn't cover my needs...

How many people will actually select individual music tracks to "Play To" (I hate this new term) - DLNA stream - to their home theatre AMP/DLNA speakers? The ability to play a playlist is a clearly missing feature... ...and I can't believe it hasn't been added to either XBOX music or the Nokia MixRadio apps either.

Has anyone found a way to play a playlist by DLNA / Play-To to another device?

All I want to do is be able to play my (painstakingly created over many years) playlists to my home music setup!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa