The new Windows Phone UI Patent by Microsoft

Maitrikkataria

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
According to available information, the user interface is similar to Windows Phone's tiles and can produce responsive user interface according the user behavior. This element will analyze users' usage of the mobile phone throughout the day, and frequently used tasks will be highlighted in the centre of the screen, larger than other tiles or tasks.

For example, if you call someone everyday in the morning, this UI element will grow in size in the centre of the screen in the morning, highlighting your needs and providing seamless user experience.

microsoft-july-2014-patent-cloud-task.jpg

The personalized cloud generator application may also adapt the display of individual icons based on factors such as time of day, day of the week, frequency or amount of use of a given task (i.e., usage patterns), etc. For example, a selectable icon in the form of a photograph of a particular called party may be displayed on a mobile telephone display screen to allow quick calls to the called party by touching or otherwise selecting the displayed photograph. The more a user of the mobile phone calls the called party, the larger called party?s icon (displayed selectable photograph) becomes and/or the more centralized the display of the icon becomes.

I hope this feature gets to the public soon! :amaze:

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
The one feature I really want is interactive live tiles, i.e. the ability to slide through unread mail on the tile as opposed to opening the mail app; the ability to reply to a missed call without opening the tile; scroll through Cortana's report without opening the tile; toggle through songs and albums without going into the app... etc, etc.

Not only that, but large tiles akin to what we have on Windows 8.1 would be nice too.

Maitrikkataria

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
i can't understand. is this a concept?

Actually, this is a new patent by Microsoft for the UI element. It is not known when it will be introduced, but I am sure it provide the best personalization experience to us. Loaded with Cortana and Interacting UI elements, WP will be flawless! :smile:

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
The one feature I really want is interactive live tiles, i.e. the ability to slide through unread mail on the tile as opposed to opening the mail app; the ability to reply to a missed call without opening the tile; scroll through Cortana's report without opening the tile; toggle through songs and albums without going into the app... etc, etc.

Not only that, but large tiles akin to what we have on Windows 8.1 would be nice too.

Microsoft Research has that covered: Microsoft Research shows off awesome interactive live tiles for Windows | Windows Phone Central
The patent doesn't show the real interface (tbh it looks like a mixture of iOS and TouchWiz) but more the actual idea - the current idea behind the Start screen is that you can have glance-and-go information readily available. Now imagine if your Start screen had a 'now' section at the top, which enlarges the messaging app when you get a new message, or highlights the calendar and shows your next appointment. That would be a truly glance-and-go system.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb