Downloading update [confirmed WP8.1 Cyan]

Jatin Kapoor2

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Urrghh! i thought the calendar issue would go away. But to my surprise, it remains the same. For those who don't know what i am talking about..Here's the scoop - After the developer preview, if we open a calendar app and then press 'back' button , we come back to home screen. However the calendar kept on running in the multi-app switch environment ( press the back button for a second and you will see it right there). This issue should have been cleared after this update ( atleast that's what i imagined) but it remains the same. Nonetheless, a minor glitch but worth noticing. You still gotta close the calendar app manually unlike any other app.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Urrghh! i thought the calendar issue would go away. But to my surprise, it remains the same. For those who don't know what i am talking about..Here's the scoop - After the developer preview, if we open a calendar app and then press 'back' button , we come back to home screen. However the calendar kept on running in the multi-app switch environment ( press the back button for a second and you will see it right there). This issue should have been cleared after this update ( atleast that's what i imagined) but it remains the same. Nonetheless, a minor glitch but worth noticing. You still gotta close the calendar app manually unlike any other app.

Its a feature on WP8.1. Some other apps work the same way, like Facebook, Movie Maker, Battery saver and others

Jay Mistry

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hii.. m from india. i have installed preview for developers. I got notification for update available. when i started download it it came upto 65% then it got some error. now it showing your phone is upto date. & even i haven't got upgraded to 8.1 cyan... too bad.. :( can any one help me pls...!

jconaway99

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Downloading update for Icon in USA on Verizon. Waiting to see what it is.

Looks like it is Windows Phone 8.1 (8.10.12400.899) Preview for developers update.

After install...it is still lumia black. Bummer.

Last edited:

IrishMcRock

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Just checked on my Verizon Lumia 928, started downloading an update. It's preparing to install now. Currently running the 8.1 developer preview.

Aakash Agrawal

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Its a feature on WP8.1. Some other apps work the same way, like Facebook, Movie Maker, Battery saver and others

Exactly. The same happens with facebook, files (from microsoft), aerize explorer, torrex pro. I guess these apps are written entirely for windows phone 8.1 and not just ported over with backwards compatibility in mind.

Aakash Agrawal

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
changelog please....,,,,

There isn't a big one like amber or even a small one like black. This update will mostly provide firmware update which in theory (and generally in practice) should make the os work more smoothly with h/w. Things to notice can include an improved battery life, less stutters and jitters and better all round stability.

That being said, higher end phones (1520, 930 etc) are set to receive camera and mic improvements and things like that. Not any major new magic feature like the glance screen :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077