Windows phone 8.1 with cyan has touch lag

Cravot

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
After I updated my nokia lumia 925 to 8.1 with cyan last night, I found something I wasn't used to. input lag when switching between the app list and startscreen. When I swipe it takes somethimes the half of a second to respond to the input. I want to know if this is a general problem or a device specific problem. Can you guys give your impressions.

The way I tested it was this.

I Pinned my usual amount of tiles on my startscreen, which exists of 20 small tiles, 3 large tiles and 4 medium tiles. 6 were live tiles. then I applied one of the default pictures to the tiles. When I swipe to the applist from the startscreen I notice a very small amount of lag, then I waited 10 seconds in the applist and I swiped back to the startscreen without lifting my finger. on wp8 it would transition smoothly, but on 8.1 it waits and then react. When I began to remove the background and tiles from the screen it began to be better, but it is still noticeble.

please leave a comment if you had this issue or not

iNoPhone

May 29, 2014
Visit site
IMO I would wait a few hours to see if this issue dissapears.

I remember the first time I updated my 520 to 8.1 dev preview, the first minutes were shocking, with lots of lag and "resuming". I would blame this to a higher amount of background tasks when WP is recently updated to a newer version. The day after, performance was much better.

Wait a bit to see if your phone's performance improves. If it remains the same, try a soft reset.

aliencatos

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
but is windows 8.1 "preview for developer a real final version??? we see that the lumia 930 is shiping with the same version?? normaly, the preview meen that this is not a final version?? so they ship the 930 with a beta version of windows?

Cravot

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
After a week of 8.1 the issue is still here. I spoke with Microsoft and they may look into it.
http://1drv.ms/1rwLPlC .this is the video. It is worse in person. The time when it reacts it the time the animation will start. It is not a framedrop.

rkatny

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey I have Lumia 520 and I am facing the same thing and its not a major problem...try to use back button rather than the home home button to get back to the home window.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro