OK... I've searched the forums for this and found some posts here and there but no one place for folks to report (hopefully) improvements for battery life with Cyan update. I don't have the update yet since I'm on T-Mobile USA but hoping for folks to report their battery performance since it's been about 24 hours now since things started rolling out...

What have you ladies and gentlemen found so far?
    07-16-2014 11:03 AM
    Well the battery drain remains the same but heating has been stopped. To see battery improvements I think I want to use it for some more days.I am having Lumia 925
    07-16-2014 11:57 AM
    It's good to remember the "ooh, shiny!" effect that comes from something new and cool. I guess some don't really use their phones any more after 8.1. compared to before 8.1. but it's good to remember if you spend several hours more trying out all the cool stuff brought by the update, it's gonna be reflected negatively on your battery life compared to "life as usual".
    sez who likes this.
    07-16-2014 11:58 AM
    You can't fairly judge battery until days/weeks after an update.
    TechAbstract likes this.
    07-16-2014 12:17 PM
    It's good to remember the "ooh, shiny!" effect that comes from something new and cool. I guess some don't really use their phones any more after 8.1. compared to before 8.1. but it's good to remember if you spend several hours more trying out all the cool stuff brought by the update, it's gonna be reflected negatively on your battery life compared to "life as usual".
    I agree with you. That was my point also for WP 8 to WP 8.1. I don't think we'll see the same effect this time around.
    07-16-2014 02:46 PM
    I am Using Lumia 925 & Battery Life Has been Even Worst now, when I am Travelling Disabling all apps in backgroud, Running App Only Music Player, & Regular Chat on Whatsapp which is Medium-Heavy Use, it Drains battery at an average range of 29% & Doesn't last more than 3.5 Hours which is disaster, i don't know even i dont keep any Active App. Even though the Discharge rate is Worst upto 6-7% in idle condition. And Playing for game it keeps draining 20% in 15-20 mins. Can any one suggest me Some Solution.
    07-29-2014 04:31 AM
    I switched over to cyan about 5 days ago. Before the switch I was getting an average discharge rate of 6-7% an hour. This was from using the internet, playing Words with Friends, checking Facebook, looking at emails, and reading news on Weave. After the switch doing the same stuff gives me an average discharge rate of 1.5-2% an hour. Battery saver now tells me that I have 2 days and 10 hours before I need to recharge whereas before it would barely be 1 day.
    07-29-2014 08:52 AM
    battery life for me is good. i only charge my phone 40%-80% (sometimes up to 90%) then disabled all the background apps. i use it often with calls and texts and a minimal of internet browsing and fb within the day. at night more browsing, facebook, twitter and wpcentral. i get an average of 1day and 4-8 hours with that routine. when its in stand by mode the discharging rate is 1.5-1.92%
    08-05-2014 01:56 AM
    What is the normal discharge rate? I have 3.7 to 4.8 per hour. It depends how i use the phone. Is this ok? :) thanks
    08-05-2014 02:03 AM
    I used to get 2.84% discharge rate but no idea why I'm getting 4.33%. I tried to disable all background task with no improvement at all. Also, I found 6tag app to drain my battery even in idle. Now I have a broken screen glass. Considering returning any time. Tired of this battery drain & heat in the bottom right side of my Lumia 930 with cyan.
    08-05-2014 02:12 AM
    What kind of phone do you have. I have experience the complete opposite like most people have shared. My phone doesn't last more than 2 hours before needing charge and gets nearly too hot to handle, whereas before it would last more than a day and never had a heat issue. I have a Lumia 1020 and installed the Cyan update 2 days ago.
    08-24-2014 02:41 PM
    I am Using Lumia 925 & Battery Life Has been Even Worst now, when I am Travelling Disabling all apps in backgroud, Running App Only Music Player, & Regular Chat on Whatsapp which is Medium-Heavy Use, it Drains battery at an average range of 29% & Doesn't last more than 3.5 Hours which is disaster, i don't know even i dont keep any Active App. Even though the Discharge rate is Worst upto 6-7% in idle condition. And Playing for game it keeps draining 20% in 15-20 mins. Can any one suggest me Some Solution.
    What kind of phone do you have. I have experience the complete opposite like most people have shared. My phone doesn't last more than 2 hours before needing charge and gets nearly too hot to handle, whereas before it would last more than a day and never had a heat issue. I have a Lumia 1020 and installed the Cyan update 2 days ago.
    I was facing a similar problem. Phone wouldn't last more than 4 hours and it remained hot continuously. So I hard reset my phone (after making backups) and started with a clean slate. Currently at 74% battery life after 13 hours of light to moderate usage which is a lot better than what I was getting before the update especially since I have more live tiles active. Obviously not everyone has had this issue but maybe it's some apps that aren't optimized for 8.1 that are messing up with the phone forcing some of us to re-install everything.
    08-25-2014 03:48 AM
    Battery gets empty faster myb cos fb messenger or idk..
    08-25-2014 04:26 AM
    Battery gets empty faster myb cos fb messenger or idk..
    Try a soft reset, disable background task and check in Battery Saver app what is eating up your battery. If still not sorted out then try a hard reset.

Since I have Cyan 8.1 its been better,haven't enrolled in Developer Preview and won't,Cyan brings needed changes with 8.1 .much better battery life with mine,I just think whatsapp has issue cause once I am in the app and a message comes through it vibrates even though all settings are set not to,works when out of app but once I'm in it,it always vibrates & we all know vibrations use more battery.

That's from me
    When you install whatsapp after upgrading to 8.1, it does warn you that the version isn't completely compatible. They are working on an update I believe.

Update: Battery down to 63% after 15 hours.
    08-25-2014 06:21 AM
    Battery consumption when idle on my 920 remains the same,3%/hour with location on, but when continuously browsing or using apps it become much worse with cyan, can be up to 50% per hour. It's unacceptable.
    08-25-2014 06:45 AM
    its Meh as always with WP. If the phone sits doing nothing on idle, generally it can go 24 hrs...but as soon as i start using it the battery drains quickly....if i use it, low-med i can get around 15-18 hrs. Rogers 1020.
    08-25-2014 09:03 AM