SMS alert sound short after WP 8.1 update

dariohead

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I updated my Lumia 925 to WP 8.1 just the other day and I'm very happy with it (I'm generally totally pleased with this phone also), no major problems whatsoever.

What I did notice is that after the update, the SMS alert sound plays only for some 3 seconds and is then cut off.

I know that SMS alert sounds should be short, but this length limit is oddly short (and I use custom sounds that are just about 2 seconds longer). I would understand 10 seconds, but not 3. Also, this never happened on WP 8.

Did anyone else notice this? Is there a possible workaround?

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I updated my Lumia 925 to WP 8.1 just the other day and I'm very happy with it (I'm generally totally pleased with this phone also), no major problems whatsoever.

What I did notice is that after the update, the SMS alert sound plays only for some 3 seconds and is then cut off.

I know that SMS alert sounds should be short, but this length limit is oddly short (and I use custom sounds that are just about 2 seconds longer). I would understand 10 seconds, but not 3. Also, this never happened on WP 8.

Did anyone else notice this? Is there a possible workaround?

There's a workaround that you change the notification sound, go download a long one and set it.
It's really your personal preference, I'd hate it if my phone was making sound for 10 seconds every time I got a text.

dariohead

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Maybe someone will be interested in my new findings... After a bit of testing I pin-pointed the source of short SMS sound alert, well at least on my Lumia 925. I found out that the SMS sound alert cuts of as soon as the SMS alert Banner disappears from the screen.

So, a simple workaround for this problem is to turn off Banners for SMS messages, which isn't so bad now because you still get the notification in the Action Centre. As you turn the SMS banners off, the SMS alert sound plays in its entirety, without time limitation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes