Nokia is lying to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
According to Nokia, almost two years ago, Lumia 920 supports Miracast.
See in Nokia Conversations here: How Qualcomm cooks up the Nokia Lumia 920's processor chip - Conversations

"The Adreno 225 GPU Ensures smooth gameplay, high frame rates, and enhanced scenes with jaw-dropping effects. But it's not just games que benefit. Augmented reality such as que used by Nokia City Lenses, 2D to 3D conversion, and Miracast (Wireless display) all gain, too. "

Moreover, Galaxy S3 has the same processor, chipset and GPU

Galaxy S3
Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon
CPU: Dual-core 1.5 GHz
GPU: Adreno 225
Have Miracast.

Lumia 920:
Do not have Miracast.

I understand that have to favor high-end devices, but I think wrong because it CONFIRMED that it had, and clearly supports.

PS: Lumia 820, 920, 925, 1020 has the same specs.
Lumia 1320 has the same GPU of 630, that have Miracast.

nexialbinding

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
There have been plenty of features recently that have been reserved only for the latest phones, even though the feature would work fine on slightly older models (living images, raw support, Cyan features).

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. I get that. But my problem is that THEY SAY that Lumia 920 supports.

It DOES support it. It is on-die feature of the CPU. Which Qualcomm makes, NOT Nokia or MS!!!
Nokia have chosen not to release any supporting software for it. It will be implemented in time, but it's really not a high priority at the moment.

Nokia Beamer basically does the same job, so can't see the problem.....

Or are you and M0TH3R_FR4GG3R just moaning for the sake of it???

Nearly every post you two make is a negative against MS or Nokia.
Very boring!!!!

M0TH3R_FR4GG3R

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Or are you and M0TH3R_FR4GG3R just moaning for the sake of it???

Nearly every post you two make is a negative against MS or Nokia.
Very boring!!!!

I see what I see as a matter of FACT & then report it, is there any problem in revealing the underlining TRUTHS about them kid ?
I guess not !

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I see what I see as a matter of FACT & then report it, is there any problem in revealing the underlining TRUTHS about them kid ?
I guess not !

I understand your point of view, but the fact is, there is no lie from anyone.
As I mentioned the Miracast feature IS in the Qualcomm CPU on die. Whether hardware manufacturers implement the feature or not is up to them.

Nokia do not use Miracast, as they have their own implementation of it as I said.. Nokia Beamer or even Play To.. These both use the Miracast engine, so there isn't a problem!!! It's just not called Miracast....

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I understand your point of view, but the fact is, there is no lie from anyone.
As I mentioned the Miracast feature IS in the Qualcomm CPU on die. Whether hardware manufacturers implement the feature or not is up to them.

Nokia do not use Miracast, as they have their own implementation of it as I said.. Nokia Beamer or even Play To.. These both use the Miracast engine, so there isn't a problem!!! It's just not called Miracast....

Miracast is coming to Lumia Icon and 1520, JUST this two (and 930, 630)

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

That's incorrect. You are mixing DLNA with Miracast. Two are totally different thing. Both are industry standards targeting two different use cases: one for media streaming, one for screen casting.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
That's incorrect. You are mixing DLNA with Miracast. Two are totally different thing. Both are industry standards targeting two different use cases: one for media streaming, one for screen casting.

Nokia Beamer IS screen casting... DLNA doesn't enter into it!!!

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You are correct. Nokia Beamer is a neither. Play to is DLNA. Beamer is a Nokia proprietary technology that requires the use of Nokia server and a web browser on the other end. Kind of useless feature compared to Miracast. No, it is not Miracast.

Miracast is a WiFi industry standard. It utilizes WiFi direct for communication and H.264 video as transport media stream. All work together between two devices without the need for any 3rd party server or even an existing wifi network.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
They are lying in many ways just to sell their new devices AKA 930 etc
Lets break the feature list,
1-Continuous autofocus,if it is possible while making a video how is it NOT POSSIBLE WHILE TAKING PIC???
2-Living images,once again possible on my 1020 without any lag,crashes,delay etc! NORMALLY ITS A GIF SO IF CINEMAGRAPH CAN BE DONE WHY NOT LIVING IMAGES???
3-Miracst,Supported in Chip!
4-Dolby 5.1,don't know!

Most of all,I NEED THE FIRST TWO AND IF THE 3 YEAR OLD GALAXY S3 HAVING SAME SPECS(for those who might say that these features need EXTRA HORSEPOWER Hahaha makes me laugh everytime)CAN DO THIS,WHY CAN MY LUMIA??????
better hope these features come to my phone
Heck even iPhone 4 with a single processer could even perform autofoucs!
GOD DAMMIT WHY,?????

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
According to Nokia, almost two years ago, Lumia 920 supports Miracast.
See in Nokia Conversations here: How Qualcomm cooks up the Nokia Lumia 920's processor chip - Conversations

"The Adreno 225 GPU Ensures smooth gameplay, high frame rates, and enhanced scenes with jaw-dropping effects. But it's not just games que benefit. Augmented reality such as que used by Nokia City Lenses, 2D to 3D conversion, and Miracast (Wireless display) all gain, too. "

Moreover, Galaxy S3 has the same processor, chipset and GPU

Galaxy S3
Have Miracast.

Lumia 920:
Do not have Miracast.

I understand that have to favor high-end devices, but I think wrong because it CONFIRMED that it had, and clearly supports.

PS: Lumia 820, 920, 925, 1020 has the same specs.
Lumia 1320 has the same GPU of 630, that have Miracast.

Higher-end phones get higher end features, sounds like a typical business to me.

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
They are lying in many ways just to sell their new devices AKA 930 etc
Lets break the feature list,
1-Continuous autofocus,if it is possible while making a video how is it NOT POSSIBLE WHILE TAKING PIC???
2-Living images,once again possible on my 1020 without any lag,crashes,delay etc! NORMALLY ITS A GIF SO IF CINEMAGRAPH CAN BE DONE WHY NOT LIVING IMAGES???
3-Miracst,Supported in Chip!
4-Dolby 5.1,don't know!

Most of all,I NEED THE FIRST TWO AND IF THE 3 YEAR OLD GALAXY S3 HAVING SAME SPECS(for those who might say that these features need EXTRA HORSEPOWER Hahaha makes me laugh everytime)CAN DO THIS,WHY CAN MY LUMIA??????
better hope these features come to my phone
Heck even iPhone 4 with a single processer could even perform autofoucs!
GOD DAMMIT WHY,?????

Continuous auto focus is being done at a lower resolution (HD which is very low as compared to the phone's sensor) while recording a video.
Also, cinemagraph captures at lower resolution.

Although, it might be possible that the features you have mentioned can be supported in other Lumias, but the first two points you have made does not prove anything.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Continuous auto focus is being done at a lower resolution (HD which is very low as compared to the phone's sensor) while recording a video.
Also, cinemagraph captures at lower resolution.

Although, it might be possible that the features you have mentioned can be supported in other Lumias, but the first two points you have made does not prove anything.

Sorry for not being clear but "autofocus done at HD,lower resolution"??? Explain please.
For cinemagraphs, I know there low quality images but the point is some people mentioned that the reason why Nokia is nit implementing LivingImages is because it hangs,crashes etc on camera roll which never happened to me and it requires EXTRA horsepower! Also these living images are GIF! When you take a pic, go check your computer and see how many files your having for that one pic heck you'll even see .mp4 file. Understand the point what I am trying to say...
As for videos, AUTOFOCUS is AUTOFOCUS! And no its not that hard to put the feature while taking a pic. Can't you please tell me where this theory of yours is written?? "AUTOFOCUS is done at lower resolution"?????
What??

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for not being clear but "autofocus done at HD,lower resolution"??? Explain please.
For cinemagraphs, I know there low quality images but the point is some people mentioned that the reason why Nokia is nit implementing LivingImages is because it hangs,crashes etc on camera roll which never happened to me and it requires EXTRA horsepower! Also these living images are GIF! When you take a pic, go check your computer and see how many files your having for that one pic heck you'll even see .mp4 file. Understand the point what I am trying to say...
As for videos, AUTOFOCUS is AUTOFOCUS! And no its not that hard to put the feature while taking a pic. Can't you please tell me where this theory of yours is written?? "AUTOFOCUS is done at lower resolution"?????
What??

Full HD video: 1920x1080 (i.e. 2,070,300 pixels = approx. 2.1MP)
8MP photo = 8,000,000 pixels

Compare the two values, you will get your answer.

I am again saying that it might be possible to implement those features, but the first two points you made does not justify it.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Full HD video: 1920x1080 (i.e. 2,070,300 pixels = approx. 2.1MP)
8MP photo = 8,000,000 pixels

Compare the two values, you will get your answer.

I am again saying that it might be possible to implement those features, but the first two points you made does not justify it.

What the hell does these UNSEEN values have to do with autofocus??Are you tell me that Full HD is 2.1MP??
This doesn't justify your point too! I am hearing this thing for the first time in my life and it has nothing to do with Autofocus so its BS!
And second if you don't understand my justified points,there is nothing I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo