09-27-2015 01:38 PM
45 12
tools
    I am experiencing similar issues. The battery drain is very noticeable. Before the update, i could get a day and a half out of the phone. Now i can barely get 10 hours. This is a significant difference. Had I known, I probably would not have upgraded so fast.
    LTTG likes this.
    07-30-2014 09:42 AM
    With final Cyan update & DP, I've experienced issues connecting to my home d-link di-655 N router but not at work. Does anybody else have issues with connecting to certain wifi signals?
    07-30-2014 11:19 AM
    I reverted to 8.0 and updated to the official Cyan/8.1 software and now my 1520.3 won't turn airplane mode off. if I try to turn it off with the action center, it switches on and off extremely fast and never shuts off, causing the phone to get very hot.
    07-30-2014 09:50 PM
    All WP owners should know this by now...
    The battery will take about a week or so to settle down as the system 'learns' the battery drain and charge rates. It's been like this since WP7....
    AlainJude likes this.
    07-30-2014 10:04 PM
    All WP owners should know this by now...
    The battery will take about a week or so to settle down as the system 'learns' the battery drain and charge rates. It's been like this since WP7....
    I bought two 1520 phones on July 25. Brought them home, looked for updates, first one updated 8.0.x, it restarted, checked for update again and 8.1 loaded, restarted and I couldn't be happier. Battery life is a charge every 1.5 - 2 days even after all the setups, learning curve and use. No problems I can notice yet. This is obviously no help to those of you having various problems but it does appear that 8.1 works well for me.
    07-30-2014 10:13 PM
    hmm funny how i never encountered these problems after updating, try disable some useless apps from running in the backgroud using the battery sense apps.:<
    08-02-2014 11:56 AM
    Hi guys! I have the same issue with Lumia 1320. I updated to WP 8.1 and Cyan (not developer preview) and my battery life is quite bad. Before the update I could go through 2 days of use but now it decreases ridicoulously. Do I have to flash manually the previous version? I hate this thing I really dunno what to do. I even tried to do a complete phone reset but nothing changed. Everything is turned off except 3G connection. So angry.
    08-04-2014 07:24 AM
    i have updated my lumia 625 and stuck up with new additions

1. Facebook messenger is removed such a bad update
    2.all apps of media got separated (no use and takes time while opening)
    3.games are not shown in storage sense (tel me how can i see the size of these things?)
    4.the "Me" is been removed and the inbuilt apps got removed.
    08-04-2014 09:29 AM
    Hello everyone....

Seem the trouble get to me too... but I'm sure there is something that we don't know about Lumia Cyan...
    After I tried 'explore' all the system, so here I find something interesting:

First, Lumia Cyan provide many features.. i mean settings that is dificult to us to understand.. and so am I.
    But I think, the probability is the setting that drain our Lumia 1520 batteries.
    So, I want to share something. I just do this...
    1. Turn off all the WiFi Sense because it try to sense or search all the 'WIFI' connection near to us. - settings-wifi-wifi sense.
    2. Turn off Bluetooth, NFC, WIFI, Internet sharing and Location in 'system' if we not use it.
    3. Choose to 'manually' download new email at all our email in 'email=account'. Just sync it when we need it.
    4. In 'battery saver' setting, I swipe.. i mean 'click' or what ever it is... choose 'usage' and we will see all the application were running the batteries. Here we can choose to allowed it running at background or not. Just turn it off. I same like the previous WP 8.0 whether we want to blocked or not...

I think, only this info , i can share... more about the problem, I'm still trying it out...
    Sorry for bad English....
    08-04-2014 12:05 PM
    Hi, I just came back from metroPCS looking to use their WiFi to get the Lumia Cyan update and the technician told me DO NOT UPDATE YOUR PHONE TO THE LUMIA CYAN UPDATE YET. Do to firmware issues in the software that customers are complaining of lost contacts, phone totally shutting down to plan just stop working phones.Then told me to wait for a week or two because there was to be another update to fix those issues that the original Lumia cyan update caused.
    So I think I'm gonna take that guys suggestion seeing he is on the front end of the network software issues. 8/14/2014 9:47a.m. Conversation with metroPCS technician.
    08-14-2014 11:50 AM
    I updated yesterday have exactly the same problems
    08-20-2014 05:13 AM
    I believe the heating problem comes from the system trying to reattach some email accounts. I set them all to manual then individually tested them. Eventually all synched up properly and now the charge rate is over 24%/hr and discharge is 1.96% / hr.

BOY was it hot last night and this morning until I did this. Roger Lumia 920
    08-21-2014 09:50 AM
    I just reconfirmed that the email caused the problems. I went back to my old settings and the power went crazy. I have set them to manually for now. - no problem.
    08-21-2014 10:24 AM
    I plugged my headphones in last night, just a a text message was coming in. The phone stopped for a moment, became totally unresponsive and then the display turned into what can only be described as static/snow.
    The phone was totally unresponsive to anything, only a soft reset fixed it, but lost the message that came in.
    08-21-2014 11:12 AM
    Its strange how some people have issues and some dont. I upgraded my 1520 a few weeks ago and no issues at all. In fact, better than 8.0. The hardware must be the same so am guessing many of the issues are the programs installed on the phone that is causing the problems. I would suggest, like many people. Soft reset first and see if it makes a difference. If not, you will have to take the plunge and hard reset and reload the programs and start again which I appreciate will be a pain (I would hate to do this) but it may be the only way to find the culprit app or apps causing the issues. Good luck and hope you sort it out.
    08-21-2014 11:23 AM
    It is the email that is the problem if you have multiple accounts (hotair.com maybe). Delete the accounts and relink them. I have Rogers 920 and it failed until I did this. My 1520 was just fine.
    08-21-2014 01:57 PM
    the music app in wp 8.1 cyan update doesn't work properly ...at random ,it play all ur songs but the songs with same initial at random only ....takes too much time to load the songs list

the games closes on its own and takes too much time to load

unless ur region & language is set to English(US)....cortana doesn't work on 520 ..what the hell is dat all abt
    08-25-2014 07:39 AM
    the music app in wp 8.1 cyan update doesn't work properly ...at random ,it play all ur songs but the songs with same initial at random only ....takes too much time to load the songs list

the games closes on its own and takes too much time to load

unless ur region & language is set to English(US)....cortana doesn't work on 520 ..what the hell is dat all abt
    The music app has nothing to do with 8.1. They're actively releasing updates for Xbox Music. Cortana is only released in certain regions.
    08-25-2014 09:37 AM
    Windows Phone is really crap after upgrading to cyan....wastage of so much internet data..by downgrading and upgrading still my phone isn't working fine....lots of issues after WP8....doesn't hear any any news from Microsoft to fix these...
    LTTG likes this.
    09-18-2014 07:29 AM
    Some new problems found today while using maps, my phone says COMPASS IS NOT SUPPORTED... what the hell..??? Have they updated the firmware or downgraded..? Please fix this issue. And screen problem I found occurs because of update of Display in settings.
    I have a compass problem on my 1520 too, no apps can use it or detect it. I ran the nokia product support tools and put the phone in test mode - it passes all tests including the magnetometer test. So this is some kind of software issue.
    09-27-2015 01:38 PM
45 12