Issues POST cyan/8.1 update- Lumia 1520

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I updated my Lumia 1520 to official Cyan update around 12 hours back.
I am noticing following .

1. Battery drain - fast battery drain on 1520 even though background tasks are not allowed, Bluetooth etc turned off.
2. Device heating - My phone gets hot at the top left corner near the camera when i use it for browsing, facebook etc. This didnot happen with WP8.
3. Facebook chat no longer integrated in messaging app.
4. Device is taking longer time to charge.

Anyone else noticing same or anything more??

Timtcee

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I updated to developer preview on my 822 some time ago. Battery drain was an issue but the fixed it. No issues with Facebook chat and charge time was not affected. Have you tried to keep your phone off for a while then reboot?

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Latest update :
1. Device heats up near the camera sometimes while charging.
2. Battery is draining FAST - down to 56% in 6 hours with light usage. I have disabled all background apps except twitter and whatsapp.

Damn !!!! :(

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I updated to developer preview on my 822 some time ago. Battery drain was an issue but the fixed it. No issues with Facebook chat and charge time was not affected. Have you tried to keep your phone off for a while then reboot?
Yes, did that but still no change..
By the way , i am NOT running a DP.. Its official Cyan update...

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Charged my phone to 100%. Switched it off for 2 minutes and restarted.
After restart, it shows battery as 88%..
I don't understand what the HELL is going on ... :(
This 8.1 SUCKS!!!!

( i also uninstalled the FB app which sucked big time)..

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I too am on cyan with my 1520 and have none of those issues. Battery was going a bit fast so turned 4G off as don't that her yet. And its fine now.

John Mumpitz

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
This 8.1 SUCKS!!!!

HARD RESET will help you!

Ganesh Venkat

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
This 8.1 SUCKS!!!!

Hard reset will definitely fix your issues! Don't restore apps from backup after reset.do clean and fresh install of apps and other settings

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Does this mean you have to make a list of all your apps, and then go and download them one at a time again? Won't that also mess up your homescreen because apps you used to have will no longer be there?

ArthJar

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Does this mean you have to make a list of all your apps, and then go and download them one at a time again? Won't that also mess up your homescreen because apps you used to have will no longer be there?

He could just take a screenshot and be based off that.

Onkar Gulavani1

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
1. Similar issues related to device heat up and quick battery drain, and after I feel heat at back of the phone, it shows "Loading..." message for more than a minute, and doesn't shows main screen tiles.
2. Glance screen is not working at all.
3. Automatic brightness is not turning on.
4. Screen rotation sometimes doesn't work, need to restart device.

Anyone having similar problems like these..? I am kind of started hating my device after update :eck: There is somthing wrong in firmware, on DP8.1 everything was working perfect.

Stevens920

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
1. Similar issues related to device heat up and quick battery drain, and after I feel heat at back of the phone, it shows "Loading..." message for more than a minute, and doesn't shows main screen tiles.

Anyone having similar problems like these..? I am kind of started hating my device after update :eck: There is somthing wrong in firmware, on DP8.1 everything was working perfect.

I'm definitely experiencing issue #1 and it's aggravating. i've done three hard resets thus far and the issue remains. another problem is after the hard resets, my photos weren't restored. i needed to restore them from Onedrive manually each time. also, when in the photo hub and pressing on the Onedrive icon there, none of my albums on Onedrive are shown. i know they are there when using the Onedrive app but shouldn't they also be in the photo hub?

euichii

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
.same issue here. Lumia 1520 from the philippines. I played asphalt 8 one time and my phone become so hot I thought it will explode.

Onkar Gulavani1

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

Some new problems found today while using maps, my phone says COMPASS IS NOT SUPPORTED... what the hell..??? Have they updated the firmware or downgraded..? Please fix this issue. And screen problem I found occurs because of update of Display in settings.

RitaKS

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Same issues as you with my updated 1520 plus my start screen now shows "loading" or "resuming" at random times. I have had to do myriads of resets since I updated to 8.1. I also have done a reset to factory settings and reloaded all my apps one at a time. It was after that factory reset that my phone started freezing on a regular basis.

My battery life prior to the update was 36 hours easily. Now, I am lucky to make it through the day--16 hours. Of course, I am keeping location on so that I can use Cortanna--otherwise, I cannot voice dial. But before the update, Wifi was always on and Bluetooth was on most of the day.

One thing I noticed, even though the battery saver has the apps barred from running in the background, as soon as I open one of the apps, they again are allowed background usage. With 8.0, you could choose whether they remained blocked or you could choose to turn them back on once you reopened the app.

I left Androids because of battery drain, freezing, and constantly having to tweak the apps. I will leave and go to Blackberry and take my chance with them going defunct. I am too busy to have to play nursemaid to my phone.

I feel like going back to 8.0. I have read that with Nokia you can revert to the older version.

rjoe55

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I've seen that on my AT&T 1520 with Cyan, some of the group messages show my responses twice. My theme is Cyan so my responses show up like normal in the darker blue square on the right, however, immediately after I send a message I see my message appear in the lighter blue square on the left side of the screen. The left message has my name and I even get a new text notification sound.

I've tried deleting the group message and starting a new one, but it still seems to happen.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720