Microsoft's Windows Phone 8.1 Lockscreen app

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
As most of you have seen, the new lockscreen is out.
There have been threads about it, but mostly, they have been about "spreading the news".

I want to make this thread to "report" bugs, post new ideas, post oppinions, and do all the general talk about the app.

My oppinion - it's good. Not the best, not the worst. The main thing is that it's here now, and we just wait for the updates to make it awesome.

What we need? Probably more lockscreen "faces", a more natural bounce (happens when you touch the screen), option to make the week start from monday (currently it starts from sunday), and somewhat more customatisation in general.

Hope everyone enjoys it, and of course if you haven't seen it (which is doubltful), here are the link and QR code for it (click the picture).

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if those are bugs but probably are..I don't get any calendar appointments on lockscreen or even notifications from apps like WhatsApp, WPC, Skype etc.

I know this is BETA version so I hope it will be fixed in some of future updates.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Another idea - weather.
I used the lockscreen to check out the weather (weather integration), now it's not possible anymore.
But I think it's gonna be hard to implement since it's an app now, not a core OS feature.

Also it would be nice if they get rid of the "old" lockscreen (later when all devices support it, for example WP8.1 Update 1), so users who don't know of it's existance don't miss out, and so it gets system privileges.

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
It takes some milliseconds before the lock screen will appear... Also, after sliding it upward, the screen looks pixelated or something. But other than that, it's beautiful! Anticipating for an update soon 😊

CharlieBoy1894

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I removed my lockscreen password just to make the app look more smooth. But it still lags a bit when I open the screen, it's still in beta though. Atleast we have it now 😃

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
On my 1020 its slightly laggy to load the lock screen after hitting power...but that's not my issue with it, I find the animations overly reactive and disorienting...personally.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
It's a beta v1.0 release obviously, but here are my thoughts (on my Lumia 1020):

- performance improvements. There is a noticeable lag between me hitting the power button and the lock screen appearing/fully rendering. Also it lagged up my entire phone, and there is a 1-2 second delay until I can actually scroll through the Start screen
- Status icons that are from third-parties (such as Facebook and TimeMe) show up as stars instead of their respective icons
- In regards to the circular clock theme, numbers on each dot would make it easier to read the time... Also a date line somewhere would be nice
- As a few others have said, more customisation would be nice (such as changing font, weather integration etc.) would be nice and definitely seems certain for future updates

Otherwise it's a really exciting look at what devs can do with the new API - can't wait to see more devs add their own twists to the traditional lock screen!!!

drachen23

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I tried it out for a few minutes previewing the different animations, but I really prefer the daily backgrounds from my own "artwork of the day" app I'm building. I really want them to release the API for this ASAP! My app is art-focused so I have a bunch of cool ideas I'd like to try out.

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
meh...kinda disappointed with the app. i know it's beta but it's buggy and slows down the phone (especially right after unlocking).

Would be nice if i could get a weeks' worth of weather on the lockscreen.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it's a problem with the picture, or the app itself - but the background looks low-res;
So, we need high resolution pictures.
You can see it here on the clouds, the clock is OK, but the background picture isn't.
Untitled.png

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Warning...............atleast for phones who uses SD-Cards ( in this case a 1320 )
This lockscreenapp was installed on my sd card.
Because of the little lag it showed i thought lets move it to the phone.
That trick did not work...
It staid on the sd card and it didnt work anymore.( force close )
So i deleted the app in order to reinstall it again.
NO GO.........
During the instalation i got the following error
80073cf9
So something didnt go well .

Soft reset did not work.
So i set my phone up to automaticly installing app in the phone instead of sd card.
But stil got the error....................
I turned of the phone and removed the SD card and booted the phone again.
Stil getting this error
So i removed the download in the store.
And did a reboot ( stil without the sd ).
It seems that that did the trick.
No error and the app is reinstalled.

Last edited:

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Wow..hopefully they will fix that. I don't think people would like having that much trouble with it.
Someone should shoot this thread to Rudy or someone else responsible for it, it will help them for sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa