Windows Phone 8.1 - Laggiest phone OS of 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neelim Shyam

May 15, 2014
Visit site
No doubt Windows Phone 8 was great OS.
It offer very smooth user experience but it lacks features
But now
We have almost the the features we want but now OS is not offer smooth lag free experience as WP8.

Start Screen Lag
Xbox Music lag
Xbox Video lag
Xbox Games lag.
and
We have another new contender
Now even our Lock Screen lag.

We have all the official laggiest apps now.

I think
The problem is MS suddenly became serious about WP and launching too many beta apps one after another.
The only good recent app which MS launched is 'FILES". Which they forgotten after launch.(Seriously no updates in 2-3 months)

I think it's time MS should focus on quality not quantity.
No one asked Live Lock Screen.
but almost every WP users want that they have smooth,fast and fluid XBOX--- M,G.V.
We r ggetting no lags nd bugs.. Cant understand why u r saying like dis.. Yes we have the lock screen lag.. But it is in testing ryt?? It is in beta ryt??

eugie

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
When the app crashes or consume a lot of ram then the start screen resuming up to 5 minutes i know Microsoft can fix it in the future. They should add a auto kill resuming and loading. Kill those hang automatically.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Well it certainly is laggier. On my Xperia U, a third party app like Poweramp opens up faster than our first party Xbox music. Same goes for MXplayer and Xbox videos. And you know what specs does the Xperia U have?? Cortex A9 1GHz CPU with 512MB RAM and ICS. And my 1.5 GHz Krait CPU with 1GB RAM can't play a damn music file faster than ages old Xperia. And don't give me the reasons, it is dev preview or the app will be updated. It has been 3 months since dev preview launched yet no live tile. And performance not up to par with old music hub.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The only places I've experienced lag in 8.1 dp on my 820 are when certain apps are loading. The games hub is the biggest offender to me. It seems to load, reload, and then load some more. What a bunch of garage. I guess they really don't want people to use it. Compare it to 8.0 where it just opened and worked.

8.1 dp on my 920 is a different story. Start screen animations are not fluid. The games hub, menus in the camera app, and several other places stutter noticeably. Everything seems to be running at 30fps instead of 60fps like it should. Hopefully this will be fixed when 8.1 Cyan rolls out (yeah, right).

That lock screen app is a ****load of ****.

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Exactly.
Even worse on my L620.
That's what I am talking about.
I pinned some webpages on my start screen. Those go black while scrolling.

If you have a L620, that does mean you have a DP version of 8.1 right? Developer preview versions are the preview versions of the OS which MAY or MAY NOT have bugs, issues, crashes and what not. Sorry to say this, i think you have to wait till your phone picks up the official release. I have a L630 DS. I believe except processor, technically your phone has better specs. But mine is butter smooth in the inbuilt 8.1 Cyan version.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't matter. 8.0 was fine with the same set of tiles. The minute I upgraded to 8.1 DP, lag. I'm really hoping the Cyan update fixes this. Or at the very least, update one this fall.

I asked it because since I've grouped the apps and pinned the tiles on my start screen it lags....and when I remove some of them is back to normal.... I've like 100 tiles on my start screen

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
If you have a L620, that does mean you have a DP version of 8.1 right? Developer preview versions are the beta versions of the OS which MAY or MAY NOT have bugs, issues, crashes and what not. Sorry to say this, i think you have to wait till your phone picks up the official release. I have a L630 DS. I believe except processor, technically your phone has better specs. But mine is butter smooth in the inbuilt 8.1 Cyan version.

You did not just say beta.... Edit it :p asap!

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
No doubt Windows Phone 8 was great OS.

The only good recent app which MS launched is 'FILES". Which they forgotten after launch.(Seriously no updates in 2-3 months)

You said it is a Good recent app, then what update you want for that???!!!!

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
If you have a L620, that does mean you have a DP version of 8.1 right? Developer preview versions are the beta versions of the OS which MAY or MAY NOT have bugs, issues, crashes and what not. Sorry to say this, i think you have to wait till your phone picks up the official release. I have a L630 DS. I believe except processor, technically your phone has better specs. But mine is butter smooth in the inbuilt 8.1 Cyan version.

DP is NOT Beta. However, it is possible it has bugs. But don't pass it off as a Beta build. That's not the case.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I experienced lag on my 620 on 8.1. The only way to fix it is to do a hard reset. The start screen 'lag' is not actually lag is actually just the tiles redrawing because the way the tiles are displayed are different on 8.1 due to new styles like greying out when there is no SD card or colours filling up when restoring a back up. I'm sure people with a 1520 or 930 don't experience this. Just do a hard reset and everything will be fine.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I experienced lag on my 620 on 8.1. The only way to fix it is to do a hard reset. The start screen 'lag' is not actually lag is actually just the tiles redrawing because the way the tiles are displayed are different on 8.1 due to new styles like greying out when there is no SD card or colours filling up when restoring a back up. I'm sure people with a 1520 or 930 don't experience this. Just do a hard reset and everything will be fine.

I have a 1520 on 8.1 dev preview and this happens occasionally when I scroll really fast. The graphics on the tiles don't appear for less than a second so it's not too big of a problem.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a 1520 on 8.1 dev preview and this happens occasionally when I scroll really fast. The graphics on the tiles don't appear for less than a second so it's not too big of a problem.

When using a lot of RAM on my Surface Pro from programs like AutoDesk inventor 2014, the icons on my taskbar don't appear or flash for a few seconds - I think this start screen issue is a something similar to that.

Last edited:

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
People complaining about lag. Most of you are using 2 years old hardware.

I've used the 930, it's very very fluid. Now, can my 920 run Windows phone 8.1 like the 930? Of course not!

My next phone is a 930 will have it within the next 10 days.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I think you guys need to calm down, especially if you're on a low end phone (720 or lower) phone with the dev preview. It's not even optimized yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire