Windows Phone 8.1 - Laggiest phone OS of 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cravot

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I never said you didn't know how to use WP but I think you have expectations beyond your device's capabilities. Video and audio are resource hogs and you should have known better. Thus endeth the lesson.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

no I don't think so. Audio and video is one of the things that doesn't need that much of memory or cpu/gpu power. As long as you don't take 4k or 1080p video you are good to go. The image is already rendered and has only got to be displayed. Audio is the same thing. As long as the device isn't rendering a lot of polygons or rendering really high res textures and bitmaps 512mb should be enough

Plazma1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
It seems to be a hit or miss issue, but my Start Screen lags like crazy on my 1020 with DP. Tiles are all blank as you scroll. I'm hoping final the Cyan update will fix it.

My 1020 lags like crazy too. I have a 521 and notice no difference in the lag between the two. The start screen tiles are the worst culprit - second only to the gesture keyboard.

It's funny - the dell venue pro running 7.8 still runs smoothe as butter

MaXi32

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
i think you are alone :p. cause for me wp8.1 is also lag free and use onemusic instead of xbm for better experience. for lockscreen - it is in beta , as i think the public version will use less ram and lag free.

are you on DP? I think perhaps he's using the official release.

MaXi32

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
at some point during the installation process, it asks you whether you want to start fresh or restore a backup. you choose start fresh. those aren't the words exactly. and if you're not sure after you install the update you do a factory reset in "settings >about > where it says reset your phone

So, everytime you upgrade your phone, you really need to do hard reset? Why?

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I think that there is some runaway code in 8.1 that needs to be optimized. I wonder how this got past QC, but hopefully an update soon can fix this.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Why apps like instagram, facebook and messenger are slow on Wp compared to android and IOS? Developer's fault or it's just microsoft's API?

Could be a little bit of both. But, they say blessings can be curses too. By Android having an open source code, developers all over the world are able to make it better/faster. It would be cool to have a program for devs to help with the software so that swipe/tap bugs and lags/resuming would get better.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Now I'm afraid to update.

First, I do not get the Music+Videos now it's laggier?

Can someone please tell me if this lags with the 1520? What about the 920 as I will give the phone to my mom and would rather stay with Dev Preview if it lags like hell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99